rod holders? any ideas?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by lever, Oct 25, 2008.

1. lever

lever New Member

State:
    n.c.
    i'm new to the site, been a crappie fisherman most of the time. i enjoy cats alot so i sold my boat & got a larger one. it's a 19' roughneck cc, so i'm looking for ideas, pictures,tips,tricks, or any info on how to setup rod holders off the back. thanks :confused2:

2. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    If you have flush mount rod holders built into the boat, take some thick wall aluminum tubing that will slide into flush mounts. Notch out for bolt in bottom of flush mount and drill aluminum tubing and put tee bar thru tubing. Then mount rod holder bases with screws and nuts to tee bar. If tee is long enough you can put 2-4 bases on each tee. They work great! I use them for drifting and anchoring up. GOOD LUCK!

3. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    lever go to the library lot of good ideas thereits on the first page

4. lever

lever New Member

State:
    n.c.
    thaks for the ideas folks! :cool2:

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I just used 3/4" galvanized.
    PM me if you need more details.
    I now have flush mounted to gunwale.

Attached Files:

6. CAPTIN BILL

CAPTIN BILL New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE , I HAVE 2 TYPES INSTALLED ON MY BOAT,THE ROCKET LANCHERS FOR IN SALT WATER AND I HAVE SOME THAT MOUNT TO THE GUNNEL OF MY SEARK THAT I USE FOR FISHING IN FRESH WATER; I ALSO HAVE 2 THAT I DON'T USE THAT ARE ALMOST NEW,IF YOU CONTACT ME AND YOU LIVE CLOSE BY ,THEIR YOURS; IDON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR BOAT;I HAVE A FRIEND WHO MAKES THE ONES I USE FOR CATFISHING AND JUST WHEN I NEED TO PUT THE ROD DOWN AND TAKE A BREAK ; IF YOU CONTACT ME AT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS AND PUT FISHING IN THE TOPIC, MABY WE CAN WORK OUT HOW TO GET THEM TO YOU....MY E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT I USE FOR THE PUBLIC IS billklinesmith@yahoo.com I'M LOCATED IN LINCOLN COUNTY NC....

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Bill!

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Be sure to check out our library. There's lots of info there about how to make your own rodholders, as well as reports on commercial models.

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    David,
    There are so many ways to arrange rod holders , so go to the library and also look on the profile of members boats good luch and welcome to the BOC/SOC from So.Alabama

10. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    David,heres a couple pictures of a bar across the back of the boat.I use 3 in channel.[​IMG]Heres my "project boat" with basically the same set up as my other boat.I have enough stuff to make a couple more.Pm me if you got any questions about the set up..sam[​IMG]