Rod Holder

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by serb, Sep 2, 2006.

1. serb

serb New Member

State:
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Sorry if this has been posted before but I finally figured out how to get both my rods up in the air in rocky ground... see image.

It is a bit dark and the river was very high and there were no normal rock holders around... then I put two and two together and found a big rock that I could balance the fold-seat and I put my rods into the seat as a holder.

Even when I took one rod out, the other was fine and I gave fake "tugs" to see if the chair would move - it did not. Granted this will only work if you have a nice sturdy rock that fits its need, but for being so simple, I was pumped.

I caught two channels, 6lb and 8lb that night but the water was so high, I did not even think I would get a bite. Free time = head to the river no matter what.

Attached Files:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Catfisherman are a creative bunch. Looks good.

3. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I look at problems as, a situation looking for an answer. In this case, you found the answer. Good for you.

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Redneck inguinuity at it's finest. :lol: Looks like it got the job done. What river is that you're fishing?

5. critter68

critter68 New Member

State:
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Before I got a boat, I bank fished almost every chance I got. I used one of those folding chairs that folds up and slips into a little holding bag. (12 bucks or so at Wal-Mart) I took bailing wire, wrapped it around the arm on each side, twisted it tightly and then bent it into a hook. It worked well on sand and I would bet anywhere else you can put a chair.

6. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    What ever it takes.

7. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the tip & post!

8. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    looks like a good set up,,,, where u fish at......

9. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    looking good that should work.good luck

10. ayokay005

ayokay005 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    If Im not drunk or lazy, ill hold my rod
    If not we take pvc pipe , bout 3 inches round and stick em in the ground or bungee them to the pier:lol:

11. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Now thats how to use your head, sorry meant your seat lol