Rod holder suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by catfishcatcher, Apr 28, 2009.

1. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I recently had a rod rack made out of 1" square steel tubing. I was planning on buying some drift master rod holders for it. I wanted to know will they hold a rod with a larger size diameter butt shaft? Most of my rods are like a musky type but we have two like a surf type rod but only shorter in length. I am looking at the duo rod holder by driftmaster and wanted some input from the boc brothers. Thanks

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Can't really answer your question about Driftmasters Allen, but we have at least two BOC sponsors who sell rod holders - Monster Rod Holders and Tite-Lok Inc. You might be interested in taking a look at those. You can find them on the home page listed in the BOC sponsors section.

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I think as long as the ones with the 1/2" threads then you'll be fine.......I mainly use catmaxx rods and they get stuck in the smaller size driftmaster.....but work fine with the 1/2" style

4. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    1/2 rod holders have a extra wide rod butt rest so your poles wont get stuck in them! pro/cat series are super duty!

Attached Files:

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I just switched to the tite-lock rod holders on my boat, theres pictures of them in the tite-lock sponsor section. I really like these rod holders because they are easily adjustable left or right and also are easily adjusted to what ever angle you want to fish. Tite-Lock will also give you a dscount for being a B.O.C. member, and Julie is easy to deal with. They will also hold a big butted rod easily.
    That being said my partner Big Sam just put the driftmaster duo or double action rod holders on his boat and they also work great. Your limited to two angles but most of the time thats all you need. They will also hold a big butted rod easily. He got the 3/8 only because he didn't know they made 1/2 but the 3/8 are very sturdy built.

6. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    DRIFTMASTERS - PERIOD - CHECK OUT THE DEALS AT STRIPER TACKLE . COM OUT OF GEORGIA - YOU WILL NOT REGRETE THE MANUFATURER OR THE SUPPLIER!!! I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN BUT I'M TELLING IT LIKE IT IS - GOT MINE AT ABOUT 60% OF CABELAS PRICE WITH SHIPING INCLUDED - SPENT $165 AND I'M GETTING READ TO SPEND ANOTHER $140 - I WILL PERSONALY NEVER USE ANYTHING ELSE - THE PRO DUOS ARE THE CADILLAC OF ROD HOLDERS:wink: WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2: