Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
hard to beat a monster rod holder. makes plunty of different ones for all needs. i troll crankbaits for walleyes with mine and anchor fish as well.
Thanks this's what I'm looking for what style do you have

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Boat trailer Vehicle

Engineering Gas Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Machine

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Naval architecture Bumper
believe they are talons, cant remember the angle and on the back 4 they are 33/45s if i recall. have 2 mounted on rails up front to.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Naval architecture Bumper
Engineering Gas Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Machine
Wheel Tire Car Boat trailer Vehicle

Reactions: SteveMcK

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I made mine years ago from scrap metal. I'd sometimes have lots of spare time at work. We had 1/4, and 3/8" 12" bolts that weren't used after shipping. Grind the heads off. Cut a 1 1/2" pipe the thickness of the bolt, Cut angle iron the thickness of the bolt. I used a 3/8" nut to space the 2 bolts, weld the pipe on one end and the angle iron on the other. With a torch and vise give the bolts some ark. Here's what I copied from.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
For my kayaks I use a Scotty set up like this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm thinking about getting some of the monster rod holders what style would also work for trolling keep the rod tips lower for that and also work while anchored when I'm going for cat's

I use nothing but monster rod holders on my boat and couldnt see my self using anything but. Monster rod holders are made with 2 positions just for what u need for drifting and anchor fishing. I can put 2 poles in 1 holder as well. Check steve out on youtube you will see.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts