Rod holder rack

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by paul c, Jan 21, 2010.

1. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    Im wanting to build a rod holder rack to hold 4 to 6 monster rod holders on the back of my boat. does anybody have any ideas or pics they could share?:confused1:

2. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i took 2 square alum tubes bought the base for wrought iron railings mounted it on my boat went across where my back fishing seat was used that fir my main support used 2 more brackets to attch a one quarter by 3 alum flat stock then threade the alum and screwd my drift masters in cannot post pic do not how if you send a number will try to do with cell phone am old and not very good with this new age robert

3. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    I would love to see it. If you get a chance send it to my phone would be ok. (229) 317-5259......thanks Paul .

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Paul, I just recently put a new one on that back of my boat. I will get you a pic tomorrow once I have the boat back from the shop.

The Monster Rod Holders are going to look great on your boat. You could not have picked a better product for your new fishing machine

5. cat'n around

cat'n around Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    hey paul go to my profile pics and check mine out. you should be able to see some decent shots of it. i have a g3. i used 1 1/4 in. tubing for the main rack and 1 1/2 in for the bases. that way i can just slide it out of the bases if needed.

6. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    I have a g3 16/52 sc allso. thats the kind of rod rack I want to build. could you shoot me a better pic of the rack?

7. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Yey Paul,
    Told you I would post these up for you when I got a chance,, Ive got a buddy with a bender but you could get a fab shop to do it for you...
    Puddle

Attached Files:

8. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Couple different ways i have to rig them..
    Puddle

Attached Files:

9. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    John that looks nice.... thanks for shareing. I dropped my boat off at the machine shop yesterday to have my rack built out of alum. does anyone use round pipe for a holder? or just the ones like you have. I was thinking about having them weld me some on my rack at a 33 degree angle.

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Somewhere on here one was made using round pipe and pipe unions to make quick removal, that was pretty slick too.

11. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    talk to big george he has one with round pipe with a union fitting for removal