rod holder rack pics

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by seaark ryan, Apr 10, 2008.

1. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I am interested in building a rod rack for the back of my 2072 Seaark and would like some ideas. If you could please post some pics of yours, that would help give me a place to start.I have always fished lakes and I am interested in fishing some tournaments on the Mo river around the Kansas City area. That is why I am planing on building some type of rack. Thans for any info/pics!

2. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I wish I had a camera, I just got done making a pretty sturdy one. You should check out the library, that is where I got the idea for mine. If I remember right there were at least 2 or 3 different ones. I used 3/4" galvanized pipe, two flush mount bases (not sure what they are really called but that is what they look like), and 2 90 degree elbows. Then put whatever rod holders on that you want, I went with 4 driftmasters mounted with 1" rail bases. Worked pretty good last weekend. Anyway, definitely check out the library cause there are some good ones in there. If you don't like them, at least it will be good to spark an idea. Hope this helped.

3. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    thanks, I will check it out. is the rack you made sturdy? and if you could will you post some pics :big_smile:

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    you can check out the boc library theres interesting stuff in there

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    have a look at one of the sponsers on the boc tite lok i have seen theses rod holders they are nice

6. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ryan, I would post some pics if I had any... or if I had a camera. When I was up in KC on the Kaw last weekend me and a buddy bought a disposable camera which probably has a picture or two that would give an idea, but I doubt he's got them developed. I'll ask though, and he does I'll have him email them and I'll post them.

7. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Here is a picture of my rack. It's rock solid!

Attached Files:

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Here is a pic of mine. Not too easy to see the construction. Formed from a single piece of 1 1/2" Chrome-Moly steel, then powdercoated. It's nice for the river because it is high enough to keep you from feeling like you might fall out of the back, plus it is easy to work your rod under other rods to bring a fish to the side of the boat.

Oops, won't let me post it again, it is already in another thread.:confused2:

9. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  10. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thans for the replys! SkipEye how high is yours off from the back deck and how did you fasten it to your boat? Is it the same one in the picture when you post something?

11. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    SkipEye when I viewed you profile it has a good picture of your rack! Now Ijust want to know what degree are yor rod holders?

12. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
  13. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    that is a bad looking white catfish good job:big_smile:

14. mariofish