Rod holder ideas

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by perrycounty.in, Jul 30, 2009.

1. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone got any rod holder ideas for a stratos bass boat ive been trying to come up with something but no good ideas yet

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    check out the member library some good ideas there

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Aaron,
    Check out the library, loads of stuff in there...W

4. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Aaron, I also have a bass boat and didnt want to drill into it so I made a rod holder that goes in the rear seat post hole. I bought a seat base and welded angle iron onto it for the horizontal piece. I had material laying around and it was a quick job. I plan on redoing it with square stock and putting monster rod holders on it. For the time being i had some PVC pipe also laying around and made holders that are shown in the BOC Library. On the top part of the seat base I mounted a piece of wood for a cutting board and the angle iron actually is in 3 pieces for easy break down and storage in one of the boxes. I use two seat extensions when I set it up and have eye bolts at each end where I place a 1" ratchet strap into and run the other end down back by the motor. It hold good and the built one for another guy and it held up to a 36lbs flat hitting on it. I will say this, it moves a little when a pole gets a bite which is why im going with the square stock. Also due to wanting the 1/2" Monster holders on it. I will post a pic if I have one and if you go to the Tennessee area and look up pics through there of Brad you will see it also on his boat.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  5. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If you got room those flush mount rod holders are pretty slick, my dad even let me put a pair in his Webbcraft for striper trolling