Rod holder help

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by rzrbk24, Feb 25, 2007.

1. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    I'm having trouble finding the right kind of rod holders for my 12' Jon boat. I have only found one that works and I can only mount it on the transom, but it's not very stable. It works well for bream/crappie fishing but I know it won't be strong enough for catfish. Does anybody know where I can get a clamp-on style rod holder for a jon boat? I want about 4 - 6 holders. 2 on the transom, 2 in the middle and 2 up front. I'll post pics of the rod holder I have now. Any help or advise will be appreciated

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/rzrbk23/pic299.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/rzrbk23/pic301.jpg

2. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas

3. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    Thanks Jeff. I may need to orders some of these

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
  5. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC

Thanks. Can you buy just the mounts for these? I'd like to get about 4-6 holders, but have more mounts all around the boat. I guess I'm outta luck with the clamp-on holders. The only ones I found were for the driftmaster holders and the gunnel mounts alone were about $15 and of course the piece of crap I already have onmy boat.

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
  7. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    I have to agree with KansasKatter. I have 4 of these in my boat, work real good . Mine also are the ones from BP.

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Tim Hagan Hooked me up with the a sweet deal on the Bee Ready Rod Holders. I *believe* they have a Gunwale Mounting Kit you can use. You may want to pop a PM off to Tim and see...

9. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    The holders from BP are half the price of the Atwoods, and an identical design, as I have both. The bases are also half the price at BP, I have 14 bases mounted all around the boat, and 8 rod holders to keep everyone happy who is fishing with me.

You just cant beat the price.

10. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    The quick draws from cabels is the way to go you will really like these.

11. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I bought some Rod Tenders from Bass Pro I really like them so far, but time will tell.

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    James I have a 14' also. I only need two rod holders, but mine came built in! Maybe yours too. lol I just drop a drift master in the oarlock, works great. If you want more just install a few more oarlocks, that are made for your boat. :smile2:

13. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  14. brent

brent New Member

State:
    texas
    www.beereadys.com

look under boats to get some ideas. email him he has a 14' jon boat w/ holders and he can send the pics.