rod holder angle for drifting..what do you use??

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by biga, Jan 9, 2008.

1. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i am putting another boat together and im getting ready to build a rod rack that is adjustable for different conditions. what angle do you run your rods at when drifting? i anchor more than i drift but i still want to be able to adjust the rods to drift if i need to!! thanks adam

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Personally, I like 0 to 15 degrees when drifting.

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    thank you jw...

4. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    i go up to bout 20 degree but usually stick to bout 10.

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    come on guys..... all the drift fishers on the boc and only 2 have input???:wink:

6. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    0 degrees for me when i drift fish....

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    We drift in two different ways.

some rigs are set up for drifting straight under the boat. If this is the only way you drift then 0 degrees will be fine.

we also drag baits 60 to 100 yards behind the boat for those you will need 15 to 20 degrees. Just depends on your style of drifting.

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    these are the kind of answers im looking for!!

9. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Pretty much the same here. That is another reason I decided on the Pro Duo Driftmasters.:big_smile: I have used 45 degree in the past for drag/drifting and they worked pretty well. One of my fishing buddies hooked up on a Hawg and had a ruff time getting the rod out of the holder but that was his lack of experience with the hod holder. That was funny watching and listening to him curse that rod holder.:smile2:
    I have th Attwood Pro series adjustable rod holders on my Tracker. They have help up great but adjusting them gets old if you are trying to hurry and get lines in the water. They are the ones that are plastic with stainless steel reinforcement inside the plastic.

Thanks
    David