Rod Help

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by JoeFriday, Feb 9, 2008.

1. JoeFriday

JoeFriday New Member

State:
    Indep. missouri
    Hello, Im from the Kansas city area and i just started getting out on the missouri river alot last year. Didnt catch too much but this year im planing on doing alot more fishing then last year. Im looking to upgrade my cheap fishing gear...I bought a shimano 6500 baitrunner and gonna get one or two more this year but i was looking to get some new rods. I went fishing with a guidle last year and like the surge trophey cat rods he had and was looking to get some but i cant really find any for sale online. Does any one know where to buy these? Also im not so sure what they mean when they talk about MED/HVY and HEAVY casting rods, i probably should get that figured out before i spend the money on anything. Thanks for any help. Nick[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

2. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Nick, Welcome to BOC!!!

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Nick Im also a spinning guy, and I have 2 of the Shimano 6500 baitrunners, love them to death. Ive been using Ugly Stiks and Bass Pro Cat Maxx rods with my 6500's , but Im seriously thinking about getting some Catfish Safari rods. Ive seen how far these things can bend without breaking , and many members here can tell you alot more about them than I can. Probably the best rods for your money.

http://shop.catfishsafari.com/categ...15539574F3481B9A3BC.qscstrfrnt01?categoryId=7

If your gonna be hittin the Missouri River alot this season, then these are the rods for you.

Hope this helps
    :big_smile:

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    WELCOME TO THE BOC NICK, CATFISH CONNECTION.COM YOU WILL FIND SURGE RODS THERE THEY ARE GOOD TO DEAL WITH ALSO:0a26::smile2:

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Nick. Like cathunter said. Check out the catfishsafari rods.

6. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City

Nick I'm in the same city in the same boat, I missed more than I hit this past year myself. I have one 6500 I need to get worked on the wire clip won't stay put, but I just invested in 4 Okuma 302 bait casters and I'm going to try to get out to Warsaw ans just pick me up a couple of those Safari rods one River and one Flathead, or the other two I have no say so My other half is make me put them on uglystik's. Maybe we can head out together and fumble through to we become pro's.

7. JoeFriday

JoeFriday New Member

State:
    Indep. missouri
    Sounds good, im always willing to go out fishing.

8. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    As stated above Catfish connection (there is a link here on the site) will have your Surge rods. If your interested in the Catfish Safari rods (also a link here) then you'll want to get a hold of Steve Brown and let him know the kind of water conditions your fishing and he'll be able to tell you the kind of rod you need.

9. IDODIKES

IDODIKES New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have 6 rod shop rods. From JJ blue cat#1 to #4. One of them is super custom, and fits a bait runner. Three of them are lake rods and 3 of them are river rods. They have never failed me. If your looking to upgrade go see one of these amazing rods!!!

10. JoeFriday

JoeFriday New Member

State:
    Indep. missouri
    Thanks i ordered one safari rod and im gonna get a surge rod and just see which one i like the best

11. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nick seems you already got plenty of info here so i will just welcome you to the BOC.

12. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Nick,
    Welcome to the BOC from Indiana.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Indeed, welcome to the brotherhood. Sound like your getting set up with the right equipment for tackling these big fish. Welcome Aboard.

14. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can tell you my buddy just got one of the catfish safari rods, and they are amazing. Those rods will not break. I would highly recommend them...I'm getting a few very soon.

15. dank1

dank1 New Member

State:
    missouri
    surge rods are made by a guy out of columbia missouri the name of his shop is tombstone bait and tackle adam wolf they are good quality rods if you go doun there tell him craig dankenbring sent you he also about has one of the best catfish selections in mo ialso have a set of catfish safari driftin rod have 6 i bought from steve last year very good rods ilike them very well good rods also i fish big blues in the missouri river i use tiger sticks i have had them for 6 years thats what i fish with if you get into fishing big blues you may want to upgrade to 7000 abu reels or same calerber of reel if you need adam number send me a pm i go to cloubia twice a week could pick up one for you and meet you at waverly mo witch will save you some miles

16. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    not to steal the post but it does relate , I was wondering how to post on classifieds, I have 2 new never been on water PASS PRO MH ACTION CATFISH RODS 8', I was wanting 40$ ea. I think they run 59.95 now, mine are last years model but new.

17. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    ":0a25: From California"

Hey Nick,

I just wanted to get my welcome in like all of the other Great Members here. This is definitely the place to be for all of your fishing information or any other information "Period"!
    :confident:
    (and belive me I know, I been getting that info for years here now)
    :wink:
    "If you have a question - The anwser is here"!
    :0a23:

18. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC from Alton, IL. Good luck. I know Bluff City tackle here in Alton sells Surge rods.

19. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Welcome to the BOC from Murphysboro, IL. I got to use my new Catfish Safari rod last friday, caught six blues on the Mississippi five of them on the Safari rod. I can't say enough about these rods, but you will see for yourself.

20. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I'm In a wild need of the lottery number's for tommorrow.