Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some old fishing rods that have lost the insert in the top eye. I'm wanting to get some replacement tops for the rods. Is there a standard measurement for the ring and the base? Just want to make sure I get the right one that fits the rod.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The measurement for the ring is in millimeters diameter, measured on the outside.

For the base that fits over the rod tip, it's measured in 64th's of an inch. You could probably measure it with a micrometer, or you can get a cheapie gauge like this http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20368&hasJS=true. I've got the gauge if you want to borrow it sometime.
Thanks Gary after I posted that I found the answer. Who's the wise guy that said hey lets measure the I/D of the ring by MM and lets do the base 1/64th's...

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Thanks Gary after I posted that I found the answer. Now how gay is that. Who's the wise guy that said hey lets measure the I/D of the ring by MM and lets do the base 1/64th's...
I spent a heck of a lot of time trying to make sense of it when I went to replace the tips on my Tiger rods.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Josh, When I broke the tip off one of my rods I went to Wal-mart and they have a tip replacement set. It comes with 3 different tips along with the glue stick. one of the tips should work. It did for me.

Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.