Rod guide repair.

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by peewee williams, Nov 8, 2006.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have large chips out of the large lower guide insert on a spinning rod.Is there a HARD glue or epoxy that will work to repair this?peewee-williams

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I'm not aware of any, maybe others are. The best advice is replace the guide. That guide is, in my opinion, one of the two most important on a spinning reel, the other being the tip. It needs to be smooth to not cause too much friction on the line and not to cause abrasion as line feeds out and back on. I'm aware of the problems you've posted about your hands, maybe a friend can help replace it. A temporary fix can be made with a new guide and rod tape, though I don't know how long the tape lasts.

3. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Yea,I agree and I know about those options,but I have no access to either.I can possibly get some one to get me epoxy.That huge rod guide and stuff is about imposable.peewee-williams

4. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Does anyone know where there are any "Guide Charts" for The bottom very large HD spinning rod guides.I don;t even know the size by number to look for.peewee-williams

5. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I got a free catalog in the mail from barlows tackle dot com just by going to their website and asking for one. Its got a lot of good stuff, including guides. They are measured in mm and prices start from .11 up to $20. Hope this helps!

Kenny