Rod For An Abu 7000

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by tnkatman, Apr 27, 2006.

1. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I Bought An Abu 7000 Today & I Need A Rod To Mount It On & Would Like The Recommendations Of The Brothers On This Site, I'm Leaning Toward A Quantum Big Cat M/H Or A Shakepeare Ugly Catfish. This Rod Will Primarily Be Used As A Circle Hook Rod For Bank Fishing. I Have An Abu 6000 On An Med. Action Ugly Stick W/A Very Flexible Tip That Works Great For Circle Hooks. I'm Looking For A M/H W/A Flexible Tip. All Info. Is Appreciated.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A medium heavy bigcat rod has a fairly stiff tip..May I suggest a ugly stik tiger rod in medium action, it has a flexable tip, but alot of backbone..I think the ugly stik catfish rod is a little small for such a big reel.

3. Rmills

Rmills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Ugly stik tiger rod all the way!

4. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    How much are you willing / wanting to spend??

That will either narrow the field or open up more suggestions.

5. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I have used Ugly stik catfish rods and Ugly stik Tigers (medium) for drifting. The Ugly cat, in my opinion isn't quite heavy enough. I switched to the med. action Tigers and I'm very satisfied with them.:thumbsup:

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi. Kevin super reel you will love it. I have a fue 7000s and i have them on berkley E-Cats which you can"t buy any more but the tips are perty stiff. I just recently bought two ugley stick tiger rods in med. action and I just love them. there rated for 20-60lb. line and I think there better than the E-cats and they only cost $58 buckaroos from bass pro and they have a real flexable tip. i looked at the m/h tiger rods and for what I was going to use them for (drifting) I thought the tip was just a little stiff. Bigcatman0816.

7. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Think that would be a good rod for the 9000 series also?

8. torment_hack

torment_hack New Member

State:
    california
    Daiwa Beefstick 7'...look on ebay you can get them for cheap less then 20 bucks sometimes...and they are nice with fuji reel seats...and lots of back bone

9. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I run 7000s on some of my Surge rods. I would highly recommend including them in your search. They are very sturdy, good tip, and have a lifetime guarantee. They have stainless eyelets and are just a tough river rod and can handle lots of lead. Give them a look before you buy, because I think they are the best rod going myself.

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I like the cat maxx rods from bass pro,very good rods.