Rod Clamp

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by kickin_wing, Feb 8, 2007.

1. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Does anyone know where i can get a rod clamp for an Abu 7000?

2. Tiny

Tiny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    are you talking about the little metal peice and screws with nuts on them that go through the reel foot on the abu 7000 or are you talking about the rod clamps like they use for rods without reel seats like they use on some competition casting rods ... you can get the hardware that abu sends with the reels from abugarcia.com or 1-800-abugarc ... call the and tell them what you need and they'll ship it to ya for whatever they cost and a minimal shipping fee. if you're wanting the kind they sell for competition casting rods that don't have a reel seat on them you can get those at www.hatterasoutfitters.com and click on reel candy link and they're on there. they look like a weird looking hose clamp ... on a 7000 you'll have to bend the reel foot a little so they won't slide off but they'll work okay to cast with but seems like they'd be a pain to reel fish in on as they're not nearly stable enough for reeling fish with. I've got several that I don't use that came with reels that I've just thrown in my shed in a box sommers but finding them would take some real effort that I don't possess any longer hahaha. someone near you may have some that they've discarded also.

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I bought a clamp for my 309 on e-bay for a little bit of nothing.

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i have reel seat for my rod, i threw the clamp on because i thought i was suppose to( got the rod and reel last night for valintines day)

5. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    ive looked on e bay but they only have penn ones, i foung one in bass pro that would work but its 16$ and all it is is a litle piece of metal. Sounds pricey to me but i might have to get one anyway.

6. Tiny

Tiny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    what ya need it for kickingwing? I seen two of them out in my shed today while I was looking for my spare levelwind parts. if it's important that you need one I'll send ya one ... I won't ever use them I don't think .. I usually have good reel seats on my rods. if you've got good reel seats on your rods then there's no real need for them and if you're whopping the reel back n forth when reeling fish in then that's not going to help ... if it's that you're just using it for a winch and not usin the rod to pull back and then reel down to them and think maybe the clamp will help that somehow then it won't. if you keep doin that on an abu you'll bend the reel handles (that is if you are just using it for a winch) penn reels with lower gear ratio are better designed to handle that kind of fishing. they're mostly 3:1 gears on like the 209 and 309 ... I don't know what the 320's are but let me know if you really really need one and I'll go gather up the hardware and mail it to ya.