Rod Choice

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by MidwestFish, Oct 11, 2006.

1. MidwestFish

MidwestFish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What rod would you get Bass Pro Cat Maxx or Berkely Glowstick?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Catmax for sure, but if you want something better go with a ugly stik tiger rod.

3. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    For the price of a Bass Pro Cat Maxx I would just get a ugly stik tiger rod. IMO I think its a better rod.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have to agree with whats already been said.

5. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I would agree with these people also They are the best IMO.

6. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I think for bank fishing the CatMaxx might be a little better, it has got a lot of power. Any other fishing and Id agree with the guys go for an Ugly. Havent used the Tiger, I use the Ugly Catfish, but Im sure they are similar. JMO

7. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Depends on what your fishing for mainly. If your going after big fish in heavy current the catmaxx is up for any fish in fresh water. It is a little stiff but that works as an advantage at throwing large weights and fishing heavy current. I use the heavy rods due to throwing large weights in heavy current and they work flawlessly. With that high gloss finish they clean easy and the rod feels solid.

The ugly stik is a good rod but i'm curious to what would make it a better rod? I've got one on my boat and like the catmaxx better.

Just to let you know i've fished with quantum bigcat rods and you can't go wong with them either...so keep an open mind....

8. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i would have to say the tiger to seem to be the best rod for the money

9. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I have never used or even handled the catmaxx but i do own a mh tiger rod if length is not an issue i believe you would be hard preesd to beat that tiger rod for fighting the big boys.

10. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The Ugly Stick Tiger Rod is an awesome Rod,I got mine when I lived in San Deigo Ca,My little Brother and I would go fishing for Yellow tail, shark, rockcod, tuna you name it we cought it The Ugly stick tiger rod's held up to it ALL!!!

11. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    i used to live in SD, my mom used to work at H&M landing if you ever fished off it. i still use an old bait stick i used fishing 50 pound albacore. i figure if it is good enough to bring a 50 pound tuna up itll handle a 50 pound Cat:wink:

12. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Midwestfish,its my opinion that the cat maxx is the way to go.I do not own a Berkley Glowstick but I do own a casting 8ft cat maxx.Its got 10 eyes plus tip,one peice,mh and 14-20line lb(dont remember lure or weight oz)Its brought in 20lbs+ blues at times.Its strong and lots a backbone.Are ya fishin from a boat or bank?Hope this helps:cool2:

13. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Im going on a hunt to see if I can find one of these catmaxx poles for myself. Personally, I got a couple of Eagle Cat Claws for myself,a nd one for my pa. The are m-h's, 8 footers, and the gack of the rod feels good under your arm pit while your haulin in a fish.

I got those Eagles from catfish connection.

Tight lines to ya!!!

Kenny