rod and reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by STALLIONDUCK, Jun 30, 2008.

1. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    this weekend i will have 1000 dollars to just spend does anybody have any suggestions on what rod and reel to buy

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'd go with Black and Blue Rods, one of our sponsors here, Randy will treat you right and at a good price too. The Donkey Sticks that he makes I've heard from VERY reputable people that have tried every other custom rod thats made by a sponsor and he says these are hands down by far the best he's ever used and says he'll never use another rod ever...PERIOD!!! He also fishes a lot for BIG Blues and BIG Flatheads in a Major River!!! I'd also match them up with a couple Abu Garcia 7000's. I know they'll be the next rods I'll buy when I get the $$$ for sure!!! They sure look great but I've not had the pleasure of trying them out. PM me if you want the persons name and he can tell you all about them and his experiences with all the others.:wink::big_smile:
    Here is his link:

http://www.blackandbluetackle.com/

4. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    If you've got a grand to blow, I think that I'd probably get more than one rod/reel. :wink:

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Shimano tekota for a reel and pair it up with a catfish safari rod. Best rod for the buck.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Like CatfishJohn stated in his post. Black and Blue rods are awesome. Randy Harris can make about any rod to fit your needs. Color Selection, guides, length, handle material. The sky is the limit. My custom rod has glow-in-the-dark wraps the look awesome under a black light. This rod is matched with an Abu Garcia Chrome Rocket 6500. Sweet setup. Heck with a $1000 you can but around 3 of these setups and make us all jealous!! lol! Good luck with your purchase..:wink:

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I sent you a pm.