Rod and reel storage case

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by KingKAt35, Feb 22, 2007.

1. KingKAt35

KingKAt35 New Member

State:
    Kansas City Missouri
    Hi all. Im looking for something to carry my rods from car to bank. I hate having to carry allthese rods in one hand with tackle and everything else in the other. Imlooking for something i carry both my cat rods and reels as well as my bass stuff. Ive seen the ones that only carry rods but i need rods and reels. Tired of making multiple trips. Thanks

2. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    I saw in the cabelas salt water catalog they have a carrier that looks like a single backpack strap with velcro straps at each end to hold a bundle of rods.

3. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
  4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    well you need a 5 gallon bucket or perhaps make something from a 5 gallon bucket check these out i aint never seen anything like it

Attached Files:

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Perhaps a 4 or 6 inch section of PVC pipe. Hook a strap around it, throw it over your shoulder and away you go. I made just some straps from velcro I got at Wal-marts. Works just like a rife sling. Carry two 16' poles that way for appx 1/4 mile.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tony I observed a man useing a 2 wheel laundry cart and he had several rods and reels inside as well as a net and other tackle. It seemed to do the job. When he got to the car he folded the cart up. I don't know if this is the way you want to carry your tackle. I hope it helps.:lol: :smile2:

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You might check some of the shooters websites, especially the ones that sell supplies for "Bullseye" shooting competitions. They've got neat little carts that I've been thinking about for just that purpose. Some of them have storage compartments, and racks for two or three rifles. I'm sure they could be modified for fishing rods. I think they got the idea from one of those pull behind carts you see people pulling groceries home in, at least that's what they remind me of.

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    How about one of those two wheeled golf bag carriers. You can pick them up at yard sales sometimes. They collapse for easier hauling... and Welcome to the BOC, Tony...:smile2:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    And last, but not least, I don't jog
    I found it too hard to breathe and swallow my food at the same time.

9. joadb

joadb New Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    cabelas 8 rod advanced angler soft side case works great.icarry 4 rods easily in it.Downside?it kind of looks like a gun case ,people look at ya kind of funny ,oh well who cares it works

10. KingKAt35

KingKAt35 New Member

State:
    Kansas City Missouri
    Thanks all. Found what i was looking for at the BAss Pro. I already ordered it ahd its on the way. Its the eaight rod soft side carry bag. I figure i can get all three cta rods plus a bass rod or 2 and be good to go. Thanks for all the help tho.