Rod And Reel Fishing.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Jun 15, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :0a21: Iwas sort of wondering why they can't put together a tourn for just us R&Rers .There is no way that we could compete with limb lines ,bank lines or trout lines. Some people don't have asscess to a boat..I think it would be rather interesting.what do you all think. How about it Paul what do you think of the idea?

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    There are a lot of tours for rod and reelers and Paul has done some just rod and reel fish offs. I love R&Ring and that is most all I do. But you right as I would love to see more of it my self.

3. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I could go for that.I rod-n-reel fish most of the time...

4. spaceman

spaceman New Member

State:
    Strong, Ar
    That sounds good to me. I don't have access to a boat. I just R&R from the bank, could use all the help I can get.

5. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Now your talking my language, that's why I never get in the tournaments on here, can't compete anymore with the trot lines and all the other ways of catching them. As we get older I don't go climbing down steep banks and such any more due to medical reasons, use to do it all and use to catch a lot more cats and bigger ones also. Bring on the R&R's tournament.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds good to me. Limb lining and jugging ain't REAL fishing.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, you're the first person I've had agree with me on that subject.

And I totally agree MRR!

Zakk

8. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    In my opinion you can ruin a good fishing trip by putting out yo-yos, jugs and trotlines. It becomes work then and I'm too lazy to work.:roll_eyes:

ST

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah they are a lot of work and no fun!:embarassed:

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Paul and the Mods put together a rod and reel tourny once before but I think you guys are to new to the B.O.C. to remember it.

Hey all do not let seedtick pull your leg, he is not lazy he is disable as I and we can not chase jugs and run yo-yos anymore.

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I think jugs and trotlines are for getting eating fish not contest fish . Contest are testing your knowhow of catching fish not just pulling them in. To catch , you must know the habits of the quarry. You must know the ability of your equipment. You must know the proper presentation and handeling once hooked to land the fish. I too jug and trotline but not for contest unless it is specific to these.
    Just my oppinion. now lets hear from the trotline and juggers.