rod and reel combos

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by beakus, Jan 9, 2008.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    what is ur rod and reel combos? mine are all tiger rods with a okuma catalina,penn 965,209 but my favorite is the calcutta 700b.

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Catfish safari river rods with Shimano tekota 600's.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ugly stik Tigers, custom, and catfish rods...Anything abu garcia.

4. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    The rods I have are ugly stik, st. corix, daiwa sealine, and catmax (bass pro).
    The reels I have are abu garcias, shimano, quantum, okuma, rhino, and sil star.

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    My new set ups are two 10' Pinnacle (Silstar) Catfish Pro MH casting rods with 2 Abu Garcia Big Game reels. A 7000 & a 9000. :wink:

6. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    i love my 7000 abu and my 7 6 big cat

7. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    My current combo is an Okuma Nikko spinning reel... and its my only reel so it swiches between my 8ft heavy action Uglystick Bigwater, and my 12ft Penn master 6000 surf rod

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    For channels: the 10' Okuma Fin Chaser 65 Combo and for flats the Okuma Avenger ABF 65 combo. Recently added a "Skiper" Rod with an Avenger ABF 65 reel to the arsenal.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    My rod use is Catfish rods from Walley World. Usually buy the combo R&R ,take the reel off anfd put my ABU 6000 on or my Penn 209.Seems to be fairly good rods forthe money.Least wise haven't broken one yet.No big fish on them but some might big logs and trees.:roll_eyes:

10. noblewd

noblewd New Member

State:
    north carolina
    that is what i am thinking

11. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    I have two Shakespeare Sturdy Stik's with a Penn 230 GTO on one and the other has the Penn 220 GTO. Both of these are awesome setups in my opinion. I also have a Bass Pro Power plus rod with a Garcia 6000 and a Berkley Big Game rod also with a Garcia 6000. These two rods work well, however you have to take a little more time landing the big boys. rspd507