Rocky River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by poptart38247, Oct 14, 2007.

1. poptart38247

poptart38247 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Has anyone ever fished there? I live literally 2 minutes from it so I figured I'd ask about it. I've heard theres a lot of nice channels in it. I caught a nice 10 inch catfish, I don't know if was a bullhead or a channel, it was like 2 years ago.When I went there today I went fishing for carp but didn't catch any, so I went catting with minnows but didn't catch any. I had a nice one hooked though. Oh well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanx.

2. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Never heard of the rocky river what part of ohio is it in.

3. poptart38247

poptart38247 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Its about 10 miles to the west of Cleveland.

4. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Oh i never get out that far im from cincinnati someone on here has probably heard about it or fished it.

5. poptart38247

poptart38247 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hopefully, have to wait in see.

6. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i fished there alot when i was younger the best to places i found to fish there is from the mouth os the river to the marina down under the detroit bridge.....the steellie should be commin in there soon....you have to be part of that action i alway fished the marina area in the shallower waters for the steellies....but i also had some luck in other little hole down there in the metro park just driving and finding a deep hole and drop a line and wait for a while