rocky point question

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by crazyKat, Sep 10, 2009.

1. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    when i was up there i noticed all the campers and trailers do they have camp sites to rent on weekends? and if so does anyone have any idea how much it cost? would love to take a weekend and stay up there and fish for a couple days

2. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im not sure, but there ARE campsites on some of the lakes in perry county. Like Tipsaw. Theres some really big cats in those lakes, and theyre only like a 20 minute drive to Rocky Point if you didnt wanna fish the lakes. The lakes only allow electric motor power too...

3. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    not sure on being able to rent a spot most of them are spokin for year to year basis

I fished that stretch of water the last 2 days and done alright :big_smile:
    i think me and the wife are goin back saturday or sunday or maybe both , up to her but maybe we'll run into ya

4. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    I worked there last summer as their maintenence guy and they had campsites to rent out on the weekends and throughout the week. Most of the time you had to get them a bit in advance though. The campsites are under new ownership now (the guy that owns the boat shop now owns the campsite) so I'm not real sure. This late in the year you should be able to get a site if they have them.

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    The folks who run the restaurant have a couple of small apartments above the shower block. Their number is 812-547-7753.
    ...W

6. Scott C.

Scott C. Member

State:
    NKY
    OK - I'll ask the dumb question... where is Rocky Point?

7. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    up river about 2 miles of the cannelton locks and damn on the ohio, indiana side

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I beleive its around $30 dollars a night to camp.. Just make sure they dont move you around the campsite after u make your reservations.. :confused2: