Rocky Point Gathering Roll Call!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Apr 28, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This is a new thread to see who still plans to make this Gathering.. I am on the fence, but would like to say I will be there.. So if you still Plan to make this Gathering Please post in this thread so everyone knows what to expect.. Not long away now at all..

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    thanks for posting this shane... im still planning on going..friday evening till sunday.. :wink:

3. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    hey since youve fished this area before, what size sinkers you recommend? ive got to hit westside this week or next, im getting low... :eek:oooh:

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I can come on fri, but I'm not sure about sat.
    Sycamore Island has sinkers that I think is 8 or 10 oz.
    I can ask about them & post it later.

5. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    I'm still gonna be there

6. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I would recomend asking biga or billcatfish... They fish that area alot and know more about the ohio then I do... I would like to know myself... I was using 3oz. sinkers last time.. but i cant say they will work this time..

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you shouldnt need more than 6-8 ounces... i will be there friday night but i may even get there thursday...

8. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    thanks for the reply biga.. ill be heading to west side b&t soon to load up...

9. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    as of right now im going to close the gathering down im not saying if you guys wanna come on down an still fish that great i will still be there on sat. my self but it seems that there is alot of guys call it off an not coming im putting things togather with eric deerhunter01 now on putting a gathering togather in the fall in henderson ky witch for you guys up north is not much farther of a driverbut will post more on it in the next few weeks im sorry guys i know money is hard for every one right now an with my family problems going on right now i just cant make the gathering but i will be there on sat.

billcatfish

10. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I might possibly still go:smile2:

11. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I just canceled my reservations, I need to work anyway... But I still may show up and just sleep in the car....

12. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    i was figuring as much hell that i caught complaining about my reserved campsite being moved... i might as well just stick it out and still go.. might be the only one there, but im still planning on making it.. should be a hell of a first gathering to attend, just me n momma sitting on the banks fishing by ourselves..

by the way, ive been unemployed since sept 22, but still managed to save the extra money to do something for myself, and not put my family out anything.. so i think i deserve a fishing trip....

13. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks Bill. Keep me updated on the Henderson progress. I might have to crash that one, lol. Hopefuly things get ironed out up here at my house soon, when it does I'll get ahold of you and Adam and try to set up a day trip or overnighter.

14. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I'm still looking at fri & maybe not on sat. Regardless the banks is for us.:wink:

15. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i will try to take you guys out in the boat for a little bit if i make a weekend out of it..

16. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    i hope to see others show as well.. its a shame that a few members have had things come up, but thats understandable.. but i dont see why its becoming a dominoe effect.. from the beggining of the thread, sounded to me like this was a commited event for alot of people...

17. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    after talking with the wife i think i am going to be able to skip my friday doctors appointment so i should be there from thursday thru sunday.. :cool2:

18. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    im bringing down my big tent.. its 22 ft long, 3 seperate rooms, so if anyone is wanting to camp and dont have a tent ready, or a site reserved, im sure ill be able to spare some room.. its just going to be n the ole lady.. a friend was supposed to come down with us, but he is moving to florida on the 3rd :eek:oooh:

19. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I may come down saturday early morning.. That will give me two extra nights of work in and I can fish saturday-sunday...I may come straight down friday morning.. I'll just make it a surprise

20. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    O WOW a surprise!!!! lucky us!! :smile2: