Rocky Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ESipes_89, Oct 14, 2007.

1. ESipes_89

ESipes_89 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Anyone ever fished Rocky Lake? I have found some channels on the back of the dam but am unsure (not having a boat let alone a depth finder) where the catfish stucture is in the lake. Could anyone give me any pointers on what to look for, in terms of structure, while on shore?

Thanks,
    -Eric

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Be glad to help, but I have no idea where Rocky Lake is even at... maybe in Texas somewhere. It would be refreshing to find a lake with something other than mud in it. LOL Incidentally, welcome to the B.O.C. I'll bet someone will come along who knows the lake and can give you some pointers. Hang in there.

3. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Tell us where Rocky Lake is and maybe we can help you.

catman george

4. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    Well I Don't Know Any Thing About This Lake But After Googleing The Lake I Have Found That It Is Next To Rocky, OK. Which Is North Of Hobart, OK. Google And Mapquest Both Call The Lake, "Hobart Lake"

Attached Files:

5. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I suspected that it might be the City lake for Rocky,Oklahoma.

catman george

6. ESipes_89

ESipes_89 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sorry about that, I lost internet after my modem burned out.

Rocky lake is accually a state lake located between Hobart and Cordell. It sits 1/2 mile from rocky oklahoma and is about 250 acres in size. There have been some fairly large catfish caught out of it but I am not exactly sure where to find them or what to look for in a lake. I usually fish rivers and creeks and have never fished larger bodies of water for catfish.

My question is, what should I look for in terms of stucture?

Thanks,
    -Eric