rocky fork

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hunted, May 25, 2008.

1. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    made it out to rocky fork this afternoon.caught a 6 lb channel and lost one about 2 pounds at the bank.shad were on the bank,but the cats weren't.was there about 3 hrs.

Attached Files:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't know too much about rocky fork, but I hear its the best lake in the area. Any pointers

Do you belong to any local clubs...............just curious

3. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Am going to Rocky Fork Sunday... also interested in any pointers anyone may have for there...

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    caught him over by the camping area.that rock pier called blinko is good too,caught some nice channels off of it.over by the south shore marina is a place to fish,people have caught some nice fish there too.

depending on the time of year,which i do not know,all three places can produce some nice flats.i haven't fished the north end of the lake much,which is the deep end.

nah,i don't belong to any clubs around there.

5. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    WENT TO ROCKY FORK THURSDAY NIGHT AND GOT SKUNKED, WHICH IS NOT SAYING MUCH. I CUT MY EYE TEETH ON CATFISH BUT HAVE BEEN A RIVER FISHERMAN EXCLUSIVELY. LAKES MAKE MY HEAD HURT,BUT I AM STARTING TO FISH THEM MORE OFTEN BECAUSE OF ALL THE HIGH WATER WE HAVE HAD THIS YEAR.

6. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Ohio hilljack, don't worry, we will figure this lake thing out.

Hunted, its good to hear from you again, thanks for the help and let us know when you discover the "honey hole"! :smile2:

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    honey holes,lol.i catch them here and there on the lake nothing big yet.my brother got a flat about 23 pounds over by the south shore swimming hole a couple of years ago.

8. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hunted, it was worth a shot, thought maybe you would get so excited that you might slip :big_smile:, I am sure there are plenty of good flats in there if you could really apply yourself

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i would say the places i fish on the lake are good spots,i just need to learn to fish them :big_smile:

10. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    nice fish rick