Rocky Fork State Park

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catangler53, Aug 5, 2009.

1. catangler53

catangler53 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Has anyone fished rocky fork for cats? because i go up there all the time and ive caught channel after channel and i cannot get into the shovels and the blues. and just wonderin where yall fished at if so

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i fish it quite a bit,i can get into the channels,but,for some reason i just can't get into the flats there either.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You are not going to catch and blues from Ohios inland lakes, they are rare to non exsitant.

Flatheads for me in big lakes are impossible to find.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Very few blues are in them that is for sure. I believe most that are in them are from catch an release statis quo.

5. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Our big lake in my area is East for lake in Batavia ohio. Travis (tbull) and I Smoke flatties in that lake. Specially prespawn. One particular night we went out and fish almost as if we were bass fishin. live gills floatin bout 2 foot under float from a boat. Never even dropped anchor just flippin around rocky banks cruisin with a trollin motor. weird thing was the fish would slam it soon as the float hit water. If it sat more than about 4min we would just flip 10 foot further down bank. Caught 15 flats that night. biggest was right around 20lbs and most were between 10-15 in about 4.5 hours of fishin. The best flattie night i ever had. Travis has busted some over 40. Last time I was there there were jugs a floatin all night. Its gettin pounded to.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yeah,your not gonna get any blues from our lakes.