Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys n gals!
As stated before I know Rocky Fork and Paint Creek lakes are good catfishing lakes (seen nice cats coming from both when crappie/bass fishing). I am always fishing the scioto and ohio river with great results, but am not to great when it comes to lake fishing for cats. My dad wants to go out this weekend and try the new fish finder out.....while I was out I was wanting to try for some cats, can anyone give me any info on what I should try(locations, etc...) for Rocky Fork this time of year. Would be more than willing to help with some crappie/bass spots in either of the lakes I mentioned, or spots on the scioto river for cats. Thanks!

JKeeney20

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
this time of year look for really shallow areas of the lake that warm up fast. best shallow areas are going to be where creeks dump in and the areas where the West-SW winds blow and stack up warmer water. stay away from deep water, they may go back there if a cold snap hits though.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
this time of year look for really shallow areas of the lake that warm up fast. best shallow areas are going to be where creeks dump in and the areas where the West-SW winds blow and stack up warmer water. stay away from deep water, they may go back there if a cold snap hits though.
Excellent recommendation. Also, if you are trying out a new fish finder, It might be a good chance to do some shallow drifting. Stick to the side the wind is blowing towards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.