Rocky Fork Lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JKeeney20, Mar 11, 2008.

1. JKeeney20

JKeeney20 New Member

State:
    Lucasville, Ohio
    Hey guys n gals!
    As stated before I know Rocky Fork and Paint Creek lakes are good catfishing lakes (seen nice cats coming from both when crappie/bass fishing). I am always fishing the scioto and ohio river with great results, but am not to great when it comes to lake fishing for cats. My dad wants to go out this weekend and try the new fish finder out.....while I was out I was wanting to try for some cats, can anyone give me any info on what I should try(locations, etc...) for Rocky Fork this time of year. Would be more than willing to help with some crappie/bass spots in either of the lakes I mentioned, or spots on the scioto river for cats. Thanks!

JKeeney20

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Try sending a pm to Dale a.k.a. Catbird, he frequents that lake with good results.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am not too familiar with the lakes, but i would guess the closer you get to the damn the better. As for the scioto, I have spent a good deal of time between chillicothe/circleville and have had success.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    this time of year look for really shallow areas of the lake that warm up fast. best shallow areas are going to be where creeks dump in and the areas where the West-SW winds blow and stack up warmer water. stay away from deep water, they may go back there if a cold snap hits though.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Excellent recommendation. Also, if you are trying out a new fish finder, It might be a good chance to do some shallow drifting. Stick to the side the wind is blowing towards.