Rocky Fork lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Marshallmth, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Marshallmth

Marshallmth New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio Area
    I was out at the Rocky lake, for the first time and all i caught were bullhead yellow cats. The biggest one beeing maybe a pound. Did I just pick a bad lake or what?

2. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    Can't help you there I have only bass fished in Rocky Fork.

3. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    If you are talking about Rocky Fork Lake in Highland county, I caught a 25# flatty there by the old sailboat club last year in mid July. I havn't caught alot there but I have caught a few 4 to 6# channels also and it is a pretty good Crappie lake. I don't recall ever catching any Bullheads though.

4. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    I fished there this year back in june or july anyway.Me and my wife fishing from the bank about 1000 yards up from the dam and caught some eaters and also 3 flatheads the biggest was only 15lbs,that is my avatar pic thats my biggest this year but havent went as much as i would have liked too.

5. Marshallmth

Marshallmth New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio Area
    LOL I meant to type Fork. I havent tried the dam yet. I would like to get out there again before it gets too late into the fall. If I can find the Pics of the bullheads I caught I will post them, they are some ugly little creatures.

6. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    i said i hadn't caught any bullheads there but i do remember a guy that was there fishing the same time i was and he caught 1 and gave it to me for bait. if you can catch them big enough they are good eating, they have less bones than other cats the best i remember, its been a long time since i eat any.

7. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    I had brown bullhead once and it was horrible. I'll never eat bullhead again.

8. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    The only kind I ever ate was Yellow Belly Bullheads, its been a long time ago though. Maybe they wasn't as good as I remember, I may have just been hungry. lol