ROCKFISHIN..

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bluebruiser@Jmestwn, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Bluebruiser@Jmestwn

Bluebruiser@Jmestwn New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Went striper fishing in the bay caught 2.1 was37 in. the other was40 in. I caught a 20 lbr and 25 lbr in march last year catfishing on the Chick.anyone know any strongholds for stripers past williamsburg on the james...?Wanted to catfish and see what was the deal with some of our anadromous friends as well.?

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Check in the VMRC Website. A huge section of the James is off limits to even fishing for stripers during the Spawn. I think it goes from the Chickohominy up to Town Point at Hopewell. There are similar restrictions on all the tidal rivers. I would guess the concentrations are where you are not supposed to fish. We catch a few from Hopewell upstream ,,heck I have seen some use the fish ladder at Bosher Dam but its not thick anywhere as I define thick.

3. Bluebruiser@Jmestwn

Bluebruiser@Jmestwn New Member

State:
    Virginia

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Ronnie,
    In threads where you can give rep you will see a little black starburst icon down in the bar that contains the thanks button, reply with quote button, etc. Click that star icon to give rep points. :smile1: