Rockfish are not catfish!

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by jeremiad, Sep 27, 2007.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't know how many subscribe to the Virginia DGIF Outdoor Report, but I thought this article was quite amusing. I'm including it here for your convenience...

Rockfish Poachers Caught 'Red-handed'... Due to information of rockfish being taken out of season at a ramp in Essex County, Officer Michael Morris worked a plain clothes operation on a Friday evening. He arrived at 10:00 p.m. and began fishing next to four other people. Throughout the night his neighbors talked about catching and hiding rockfish under the seats of their SUV and in coolers inside the vehicle. Just after midnight one subject caught a rockfish and called it a catfish and promptly put it in a cooler in their SUV. At 1:30 p.m. another subject caught a rockfish and put the fish in the same cooler. Officer Morris approached the subjects when they began to clean the fish. Summonses were issued for possessing two rockfish during the closed season. One subject was given a summons for fishing without a saltwater license about three weeks prior to this arrest.

2. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Idiots. It makes you wonder how often this goes on, when you consider the limited resources the D&GF has.