rocket launcher rod storage

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Bill in SC, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Me and barefootfishn put together, an eight rod storage system today. There are four on each side of my console. We ripped a treated 1X4, bolted some gray PVC to it, and bolted the whole assembly to the console with stainless bolts. Just got tired of them getting beat around in the bottom of the boat.

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man that is nice Bill. That boat wont even look the same the next time I see it. Yall will be pretty imtimadating pulling up with that in a tournament. Glad to see ya getting it set up the way you wanted it.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Yall will be pretty imtimadating pulling up with that in a tournament.>

Thanks, James! if we can't beat 'em, maybe we can scare 'em all to death!! :wink::smile2::wink:

BB in SC

4. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    How do you like those Nite Stick Pros? They look pretty darn good on the that rig.

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <How do you like those Nite Stick Pros?>

Just got 10 of 'em yesterday, so I can't say yet. They feel, and handle superbly. The ONLY issue I have with them is that a few eyes were installed a little crooked from the factory, and the tip eye seems somewhat flimsy. Other than that, the rods should serve my needs just fine! I plan to test drive 'em tomorrow, rain or shine. One other thing I have to do is figure out how to keep the lead weight from beating the rods up, while transporting the boat at highway speeds. I guess for now I will tie a strip of rag around the rod and weight to keep them from flopping in the wind so much. You have sharp eye to have seen the nite sticks! :)

Bill in SC

7. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I've got 4 of them in the garage waiting on better weather. :wink: The good thing about tips is that they are easy to replace. As for the crooked eyes, well, CHINA is the ONLY thing that I don't like about the rods. But what's a guy gonna do nowadays............??

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <As for the crooked eyes, well, CHINA is the ONLY thing that I don't like about the rods.>

I agree 100%. I DO believe the rods will hold up fine though. I think they are "worth", about what we paid for them on the insider group special. If I had paid the $40+ retail price for them, and they came with crooked eyes, I would have turned them back around. Only a couple of the 10 rods I got had crooked eyes, and that should have no affect on their performance That said, I am very pleased with them for what we have in them, and am VERY ANXIOUS to get on the water with them!

Bill in SC

9. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    That rack on the back of the boat really looks good Bill. Once again, job well done.

10. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    damn bill, that boat is nice! I need to come down there one day so i can pull your anchor and work the net for ya...............maybe a lil "hook keeper" at the base of your rod storage rack would work good? just for when your trailering....I don't know if that would put your weight below your reels or not?

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    She IS coming together nicely, Aaron. You know you are welcome to come fish with me anytime. Maybe we can tear 'em up like we did last time you were here! The hook keeper idea at the base of the rack is EXCELLENT! That's why I like to post on the forum. Someone always has a GREAT idea!!!! If I just lower the weight below the rods, I'll be fine. Thanks for the tip!

BB

12. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nice trolling bar bill I am in the process of making one at the moment for the back and front of my toon. gonna be able to move it to either end depending on which way I am fishing. it will hold nine rods, like I need 9 more holders on this boat.

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    looks great nice rod and reels also .

14. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    great job on the boat guys.

15. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Bill-I meant to send you the link for velcro cable wraps.
    They are cheap and will hold those 5-6oz weights you use against your rod so they wont beat them up. They can be found at Wally world or any office store.
    http://cableorganizer.com/hook-fastener/

16. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Bill,
    Check out the "Lure Wraps" on the Bass Pro website. I have some and they work great. I'm sure they'll be on sale this spring.

17. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Bill that looks great! I agree with James your gonna look good rolling up to the boat ramp at the tourney's. I hope you do well and bring home the GP, except when I'm there!:eek:oooh:
    I ordered the decals for my boat that I have been designing, I cleared it with Team smackdown Leader "Pop Pop" and they should be here next week. I hope it's intimidating, like your rod rack!:wink: I will post pics after I apply them. Man I'm havin fun!!!:wink::smile2:

18. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    you can just use a Team Catfish sinker slide and simply take the weights off when your done fishing. this will also allow you to back off your drag when done fishing, making them last MUCH longer

19. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I gotta second the sinker slides. I started using those early last year and never looked back.

20. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Looks Good, Great job. I am hoping to add to my boat a rod holder bracket such as you have across the back of my boat. Dont have enough arms to hold all them rods.....lol Thanks for sharing the pics and great ideas.