Rock River

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by rockfordflathunter, Jan 12, 2008.

1. rockfordflathunter

rockfordflathunter New Member

State:
    rockford,illino
    Was wondering if anyone else fishes the Rock River between rockton and byron?I spend alot of time here and love chasing those monster flats!!:big_smile:

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Welcome Eric, not sure about the area but CattMatt is up your way on the Rock, look under the post for the gathering he is putting on.

3. rockfordflathunter

State:
    rockford,illino
    Yes i know matt he is a awsome guy and planning on attending his event!

4. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    hey rockfordflat hunter. I live in Roscoe/Caledonia area and if fish rockton dam all year round. Summer months for cats and winter for walleye. The names John if your ever interested in getting out after em let me know. I'm pretty good at finding the channel cats around this area but not so lucky with the flatties. Maybe you could let me in on some hints.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Erich welcome aboard and mightget to meet ya in June:wink:

6. rockfordflathunter

State:
    rockford,illino
    Hope so kenny!And we will have to do that john not to familiar with rockton area but wanting to spend alot of time there this spring looking for flats!I will be posting in here around may when i have my boat ready to go so let me know!:big_smile:

7. rockfordflathunter

State:
    rockford,illino
    you should get ahold of cattmatt he has taught me alot! And his stretch of river is awsome for flats!

8. FishinPhil

FishinPhil New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm in Machesney Park, and I've fished the Rockton area from shore quite a bit. This will be my first year targeting flats, so I'm not much help yet. Once I get them figured out, I'll let you know. :smile2:

9. rockfordflathunter

State:
    rockford,illino
    i have a few good spots from boat and shore in rockford loves park area .I just want to try up that way because its alil more remote.

10. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    catmatt and i fish some together and that stretch of river is pretty SWEET!! it sure is a pretty little river as well. The flathead population seems to be well established and even growing from the studies that the ill dnr has done.