Rock River

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by screen, Aug 16, 2005.

1. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Any reports? - Anyone out lately? Tell us where, time of day, bait and rigging?

2. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    I was going to hit the river on the 6th but never made it. I am hoping to make it up there on the 27th. if all goes well.

3. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    I went out and took a young man with me that was bank fishing and not doing so well. We wound up with 14 keepers that were just good eater size. That was three days ago and then I went out yesterday evening for a while and got 7 more. All were taken on chicken livers Schoe

4. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Now thats one thing I havn't tried lately Bob - better stop by Krogers on the way home -

5. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    That is like the Holy Grail of baits for 'ol Egg if you remember. LMAO

6. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    That's right - One for the hook and one for Egg - One for the hook and so on!!! LOL HaHaHa!!!!!!!!

7. CatfishWEIRDO

CatfishWEIRDO New Member

State:
    Madison WI
    Hello brothers i have been thinking about coming down to illinois to fish the rock are there any dams that are good fishn for flats any advice would be appreciated. Oh yeah i dont have a boat a good pair of wadders though :confused:

8. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Under the Low head dam in Rock Falls is a great spot for wadders. I have seen a lot of guys fish there before.

9. CatfishWEIRDO

CatfishWEIRDO New Member

State:
    Madison WI
    Thanx 4x4 and good luck with the fishn

10. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

There is also one in Milan called "Steel Dam" that is supposedly perfect for waiders.

Ray

11. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Hey Catfish WEIRDO, Let us know when you would be coming down this way and maybe we can have a get together of some kind. By the way, where are you coming down from as there is no info in your personal profile? Schoe

12. CatfishWEIRDO

CatfishWEIRDO New Member

State:
    Madison WI
    Schoe im coming down from madison WI not sure when I will be coming and yes we should all get together do sme fishn once again thx for the replys brothers and tight lines. :cool:

I havent done my profile since they switched.

13. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Why isn't there a thread in the states thread for Wisconsin or did I miss it?
    My future son in law goes to WI. for big cat - up near you and say's it's better than the Rock - of corse he's one of those B@$$ hunters and I don't think he even looks for cats down here!

14. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    Screen, did you get your package??

15. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Give me enough notice, I'll be interested in joining you guys. If someone will actually let me pay for gas in a boat this time.

Ray

16. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Chuckb - YES - sent you a PM but with the change over it must have been lost - THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you went overboard - real happy! - I will return the favore some day - Your a keeper - again thanks!

I see WI. is now on the board -

catfishWEIDERO - have you seen the gathering thread about the proposed gathering at Clinton IA. - not that far from you - speak your peace and get some of your brothers up there to join us -

17. CatfishWEIRDO

CatfishWEIRDO New Member

State:
    Madison WI
    Their is now a thread for WI and yes the catfishin is good on the yahara river,Lake mendota,Six Mile Creek,WI River And tributaries. I have heard the flatheads get pretty big on the rock.

OH AND THE WI RIVER PRODUCES LARGE FLATTYS AND CHANNELS :D

18. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Yesterday, Steve Clark, a BOC member and myself caught two nice Flats off live bluegills and seven nice channels on chicken livers plus a bunch of small fiddlers. The keeper channels were actually caught between 10:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M.

19. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Is steve signed up on this site - don't see him posting?

Where were you fishing - down by the Miss. or up north?

20. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    I think Steve is pretty busy with work and family. I will be talking to him soon and will ask if he has signed up on the new site yet. Wait till he retires he won't have time for nothing. I really don't know how I found time to work before I retired. Schoe