Rock River Video's

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Weaponx, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Weaponx

Weaponx New Member

State:
    Rock Island, ILL
    The boys and I are trying an experiment. Spring,summer and fall, we will try an feed ourselves exclusively from the river.....
    No mc d's, no wendy's etc. We do have venison from last year to suppliment the diet of "river vittles". We harvested them from the river also.......
    Watch video's 1) dirty sanchez
    2) The Flatdasians

Wish me luck on affording the boat gas!

weaponxphotobucket.com/mrjohnson009

2. bonapetit2

bonapetit2 New Member

State:
    illinois
    That's some skillful fishing, flathead for table fare...no thanks

3. Weaponx

Weaponx New Member

State:
    Rock Island, ILL
    Brotherdog,
    You're kidding about not eating the 'White flatflesh of life", right? My sarcasum meter tells me that you jest about not partaking a belly full of cajun flat,lemon pepper flat,grilled flat, sauteied flat,orange marmalade flat,oven roasted,fresh garlic flat,fried cornmeal and flour flat,flat on a stick,in the middle of the woods flat!

Say your jokeing about it???

4. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    nicw work i grew up in moline and rock island were did you get them i fished milan dams and steel alot now im in florida the cat fishing is not the same i hate florida hope to move back up there soon good job

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Nope!!!! I don't think he was kidding!!!

6. Weaponx

Weaponx New Member

State:
    Rock Island, ILL
    Yes brother Reef, we have been at the Steel Dam tearing it up! When you move back, get on over there and catch you some catfish or flat's. Or smallies or just about anything is over there. I live right behind it,and i have enjoyed that dam more than anyone.
    Although it's flooded right now, and we are sitting idle for the moment. We will soon go over there and catch us some vittles. Thanks for the kind words! See ya soon..

7. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    hi you any tip for when i come up i have ben gone for 18 years i come up ones a year what time of day and bait is the best for the steel dam for flattys when i was up in may i got some small cat and a 8lb walleye had some fun water was up then also im ready to move back up i have had all of florida i can take it nice for a vac or if you have lots $$ thanks and good luck fishing

8. Weaponx

Weaponx New Member

State:
    Rock Island, ILL

You caught an 8 lb walleye at the dam! Maybe you could give me some pointers?!!? LOL
    Flatheads like live bait, we use Rock bass that we catch locally. The rock bass are 4" to 6" in length. They are tough little pea-pickers, so they swim for days.
    Use 3 ounces of weight on your fishing pole, stainless hooks that are sharp and then throw it right in to the scour hole. From there your on your own.... show no mercy:wink:

9. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    Thanks yes it was 8lb i got it at the milan dam. This may under the brg buy the power house .We jump down under fishing in the corner jiging leech. I have got lots of nice ones there and some 2-3 lb strippers too .You need to try it my best is a 40lb flatty back in the 80s i have some nice holes in the rock i lived in coal vally for a long time fished the rock alot thanks

10. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    had my buddy up there snap this on sat he live in milan look like a place you fish its a small world :smile2: cant wate to fish the steel agan

Attached Files: