Rock river Trip last night....8/8

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by bonapetit2, Aug 9, 2007.

1. bonapetit2

bonapetit2 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Rich and I left to hit the Fox again last night, but the city had the ramp closed at boy scout island due to high water. So we headed out to the Rock river around 10:00pm. River was way up and on the rise, made it to our first stop and boated several channels from 1-3 #'s.
    Had a few solid jerks on my pole baited with a large live bluegill, and after a short fight landed a nice 29# 10oz. Flathead. Pic is kind of blurry, but it was a beautiful fish. Had quite a few more runs, but no hook-ups. Left for home, soaking wet again, at about 4:00am.

Attached Files:

2. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Congratulations! Great looking fish. What part of the Rock do you fish?

3. bonapetit2

bonapetit2 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I usually fish from oregon north towards the byron power plant. Last night we didn't go to far from the ramp b/c of the storms...caught that fish about 400 yrds from the ramp cast towards the shore in a side channel.
    I'd love to fish a little further south towards dixon and sterling, but haven't found the time yet this year.

4. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    Man...your on a roll!!!Congrats on another nice flattie.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Nice fish!, BTW you get tired of the wet, you sure can send it down about 5-6 county's....:smile2:

6. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    wow... you are a flathead jedi master!

Glad to see you're alternate plan worked out. I almost went out last night, wonder if the Fox launches are opened back up yet?

Shawn