Rock River Illinois flathead catfishing

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by kittycatman1, Jun 24, 2007.

1. kittycatman1

kittycatman1 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Hello ye'all :big_smile: my name is craig i'm from rockford we ahve some big flats here in the rock here. The bite has been great till now those flats are spawning right now i think they bit really good the last two weeks on chubs and bullheads on slip rig and 4 or 5 ott hook they hit really hard then slowly take line out till you stop them. Are there any one out there that is from rockford or around here that would like to hook up and trade secerts.Well good fishing and remember that you have to let them go so there are fish for the next crowed to catch too . :0a23: see you on the river kittycatman1.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Welcome to the BOC Craig!!!

My inlaws live in Rockfalls and we go up there once a year to visit for a week. If I am up in that area I will shoot you a PM and we might just do some fish'n!!!

3. kittycatman1

kittycatman1 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Thankyou and that sounds good to me yes email me and we can go flatting and i will show you good time on the river.:0a23:

4. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I live in rockford and we go about every friday and saturday nite, you are more than welcome to hook up with us. We will be at rockton dam this friday just look for the 2 big ugly hillbillies. LOL

5. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Welcome to the BOC Craig. I fish downstream of you on the Rock River between Rock Falls and P-town. I'm out there about every weekend. A couple weeks ago my son fought a bigun (would guess it to have been 40+ lbs. but she broke his leader before we could get her in the boat. I went out last weekend and got skunked 2 nights in a row. Your right, there are some BIG fish on the Rock. I've just not caught any of them yet.

Would love to get a chance to fish with some of you guys.

JW, let me know when you are out this way. Would be a thrill and an honor to fish with you. BTW, I'm just down the road from your in-laws.

Tony
    _

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Craig Welcome to the BOC.I look forward to reading your post.:0a20::0a25:

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sure wish I would have known that before.... I spent Memorial Day weekend at prophetstown sate park, man was I bored... no one to fish with and no boat to go it alone!!!

8. Chubs

Chubs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello guys I live in Winnebago just west of Rockford. Been fishing RockRiver from Davis park this year. Caught some nice ones but no flattys there. In fact i was on the pec river last night and caught my first 2 flatheads :eek:oooh::smile2:
    im very happy caught them on crawlers. 1 of the flats was 21". but anyways i would love to trade a few secrets with ya guys.