rock river help fast brothers

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by JERMSQUIRM, Sep 23, 2005.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    my neighbor and a buddie are going to go north to the rock next weekend to camp and fish with a boat. veets screen dodge gary or anybody else. i need info. camp grounds ramps and the easiest directions to them. they don't even know where there gonna go yet. its a whim trip. they ask for assistance. towns with ramps and camping would help. any where allong the rock. i told them i could get some ramp info to help em out. thanks bros. :)

2. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

The only one I can think of off hand is Lundeens Landing in Bartstow IL. It's up here by Colona, only a 1/2 hour from my house. Slingblade goes there alot, and loves the place. The only web site I could find is www.Lundeenslanding.com . I hope this helps.

Ray

3. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Thats a tough one - on the northern part there is crow valley at sterling-rock falls with camping but not much watter there - the other is lowden state park at oragon - good camping and water should be ok!

4. Firecat41

Firecat41 New Member

State:
    Rockton, IL
    HOnonegah Forset Preserve in Rockton,IL has a good camp ground and there is a good luanch just up the road I town. Many of 40+ falthead in the area. If you need more info let me know.
    Rob

5. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Rob, I looked up where Rockton is on the map and it is quite a ways from the quad cities, however, I would like to fish that area sometime. Would the last couple of weeks in oct. still be good for Flats or would the water temp be too cold by then? Schoe

6. Firecat41

Firecat41 New Member

State:
    Rockton, IL
    By Octorber I switch gears to Nothern. What water temps do Flats stay active till? Well, you said you wanted go north on the river it does get any more north, until you are in the land of cheese.

7. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Not totaly possitive on the water temp but I'm thinking that around 54-56 degrees they quit. Someone out there will know for sure.

You mentioned Northerns, are they common in the Rock up there? Schoe

8. Firecat41

Firecat41 New Member

State:
    Rockton, IL
    From the Begining of Oct till mid Nov the Northern run very hard piled up down stream of the damn. They hit just about anything that moves. Fish around 5 lbs are the norm,the biggest one I have caught was 29" long. Red devel spoons and Mepps spinners are the best.

9. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

THE FISH WHISPER'ER New Member

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    hey fire cat did you say northerns it's been awile since i caught any toothy ones, were about are you talken about? can a boat be launched? i am down state a little but would love to cacth some pike if it ain't to far

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well thanks for the info this far. they are gonna go up as far as i know this weekend so any more ramp or camping locations will help. don.t know where there headed yet.

11. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    There isn't a lot of places to camp and fish on the rock so I hope the suggestions above help - If you find where they want to fish then one of us can tell them the closest camping - Schoe has had good luck down in the QC

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ill see if i can find out where they are planning on heading. what town or area. only thing that ticks me off is i cannot go with then. got my sons soap box derby sat. :crying:

13. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Boy what a kick - soap box derby - you lucky guy - I always wanted to get involved in that - my daughters would rather go fishing - ?

By the way has anyone heard from Chris (dgde4x4man-dodgeman-the naked fat man)? Kind of got me worried cause he wasn't well at catstock - lost his e-mail and phone # - otherwise I would call him!!!!!!

14. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Screen, I'll PM you his e-mail.

Ray

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i can't recall seeing him post in a while. hope all is well.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  17. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Won't be long dad and hill be asking for the keys to your truck! LOL HaHaHa!!!!!!!!!
    Now all it needs is a live well!

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    quit giving me ideas lol.

thanks folks. they hat a spot and was all ready to go but the one fella had to end up working. maybe next time they go ill be with em and a few of us can get togather for some fishing. i want to go to that river myself. :cool:

19. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

If you want to hit the south end of it, there are cheap hotel rooms right on the interstate in Moline. Talking $34.95 / night for a single queen. I'm familiar with what Schoe has shown me, but it wouldn't hurt to explore the river. Or, wait until Schoe gets home, and he can show you around.

Ray

20. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Ray
    Do you think Schoe will get that new Florida state record or will DH, Paul or little DH out fish Him?

I wonder what It was like this morning to see that new pink truck of DH's pulling his new boat down the interstate?