Rock River Fishermen

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by flatheadboy2002, Jul 15, 2006.

1. flatheadboy2002

flatheadboy2002 New Member

State:
    Rock river illinois
    I live in sterling and fish the rock for flatties and channels everyday was wondering if nebody wants to get together to target either one either around sterling and whereever you fish let me know and we will get together

2. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    Thats a huge Flattie on your avator.Me and a buch of my buddies were thinking about hitting the Rock in either Dixon or Sterling sometime soon.I`ll be sure to notify you before we go down there:big_smile:

3. whiskerbiscuit

whiskerbiscuit New Member

State:
    Blue Island, Ill
    Please let me know;I'd like to fish with you guy's!Say when and i'll do my damndest to make it. Thank's.......Mike

4. flatheadboy2002

State:
    Rock river illinois
    anytime you guys wanna go let me know and we will get together to do some flatty fishing i have alot of spots from shore or from a boat i have a boat its not very big a 14' with a 6 horse but it get me around for now let me know

5. Butchy

Butchy New Member

State:
    Rock Falls, IL
    Hey I'd love to get together with you. I've been living in Rock Falls for about 6 months and I've only caught one flathead. I'm moving to Sterling in 2 weeks with my family so I'll be busy with that. After I get done with the move we'll have to get together. I'll pm my number to you.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I see from your Avatar pic that you are fishing the Lower Dam on the RockFalls side. My wife is from there and we come up every now and then to visit. I have fish there many times and caught some nice ones. Don't overlok the Hennepen Canal, It is loaded with nice cats.

7. smokey420

smokey420 New Member

State:
    wis.
    me and a buddy coming down for a weekend on aug 11,12, 13.we got a small boat with a 10 horse.i have not been down in a few years.we probaly will stay at crow valley camp ground.i'd like to to catch some nice ones butcould use some help?we use to fish the interstate bridge and highway 30 but with lil luck.got any ideas?where could a guy get some good bait when i get there?{bluegills}

8. flatheadboy2002

State:
    Rock river illinois
    go across the street from crow vallet to the lake walk up to the house and ask the old man if you can fish he will say yes as long as you ask him first then go straight from the boat ramp across the river you will see a stick sticking up its about 8ft deep there with alot of underwater wood cover anchor about 20yds off the bank and fan cast you will get snags but you will catch fish there i just recently fished a tournament there fished that spot we won first place and i have a 14ft boat with a 6hp motor

9. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    Were going to the Rock tonight...What area do you think is better,Sterling or Oregon?Not too familiar with the area and were stuck to shore fishing.Your more than welcome to go with us if you want...

10. Butchy

Butchy New Member

State:
    Rock Falls, IL
    Has anyone been catching flatheads around Sterling/Rock Falls?

11. flatheadboy2002

State:
    Rock river illinois
    i have been catching 3 to 6 flatheads a trip and alot of channels over 10lbs if you live in the area pm me and ill give you my number and get together to fish for some whiskers