Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I fish the Kish most of the time, but looking for some good spots on the Rock river for bigger, and better fish. Any one have a hole they would like to share?
Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome to the BOC. I am from so IL so not much help for you there, but there are alot on here that may be able to help you out:big_smile:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What part of the rock are you fishing? Bank or boat ? I am from rockford area and have a few.Looking forward to batteling a monster flat or 2 this year welcome to tag along!
THANKS FOR THE INVITE! :big_smile:I HAVE A BOAT, BUT MOST OF THE TIME I BANK FISH.
I FISH FROM SPORTSCORE DOWN TO BYRON. SOMETIMES I GO FARTHER. I ALSO LIKE TO GO TO LAKE SULE, AND BAUMAN PARK. MOST OF THE TIME YOU WILL SE ME AND MY TRUCK OFF OF BELTLINE AT THE KISH. IM LA-Z!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well last spring i managed a good number of flats when launching from sportscore. From the bank there are several places with parking nearby!Afternoons till about 1am i would goto riverside park all the way back or just go down to the bike path with some gills in june and you will get some nice ones !Several caught down there last year that were 30+!below is a cpr flat i caught near sportscoe had to go back to ramp to get camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NICE FISH.
LOOKING TO GO OUT THIS WEEK FOR SOME FISHING. MIGHT START WHERE THE KISH AND ROCK MEET. LET YOU KNOW HOW IT PANS OUT.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am going to be working in Dixon on Wed and Thurs and I am thinking about bringing my poles along. I will be off work around 3 or so on Wed so I want to do a little fishing. I have been to dixon many times but never fished there. Anybody know of any spots or what to use for bait?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going to be working in Dixon on Wed and Thurs and I am thinking about bringing my poles along. I will be off work around 3 or so on Wed so I want to do a little fishing. I have been to dixon many times but never fished there. Anybody know of any spots or what to use for bait?
SORRY I CAN NOT TELL YOU OF ANY GOOD SPOTS IN THE DIXON AREA, BUT I WOULD DO A PHONE CHECK FOR A LOCAL BAITSHOP, AND SEE WHAT THEY WOULD SAY. I HAVE SEEN A VIDEO OF A BOAT TRIP WHERE THEY CAUGHT A REAL NICE FLATTY. THEY LAUNCHED FROM A PARK IN DIXON. ALL I CAN REMEMBER FROM THE VID. IS-WEST OF THE ARCH. DOWN HILL TO GET TO THE PARK. AGAIN SORRY I AM NO HELP.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
142 Posts
Went out yesterday below blackhawk island to try for some cats.The water is moving pretty good and water temp was only 50-52 degrees. After looking for them for about a hour i found them schooled up behind an island where the current met from both sides and the bottom is hard and clean of silt. They were all very small but there were alot of them all in about a 10 x 10 area! Water needs to warm up and slow down! I have taken many channels from here around 28 inches but not today.Depth was about 7ft and they were right on the edge of the fast water.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.