Rock quarry on Truman Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by whisker_chaser, Dec 12, 2006.

1. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a camper in Mack's Camp by Truman lake. I go down 5 or 6 times each summer fishing for flatheads. I have heard of a rock quarry on Truman that guys really do well in. I would like to know where it is located and maybe a little more about it? My flathead fishing hasnt been the best and I am going to start going a little closer to home here in north MO if it doesnt pick up. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats the one by Sparrowfoot I think? I've fished it for crappie but never did any good but it might be a good spot for spawning flatheads in the spring. Not sure about the one on the Tebo end, been over by there but was crappie/white bass fishing. We get some rain I'll be after the cats again! Chris

4. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    The one at Tebo was, land lock, a month ago, unless their is a another way into it. guessing, lake should be at 706 to get into it, then slow.
    Jim

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    About 2 bmonth ago the one at sparrowfoot was land lock too,I have seen some big echos on the sonar there ,but really didnt take any time to fish it hard

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    My dad's next-door neighbor fishes the quarry at Sparrowfoot several days a week and comes home with a limit of crappie, usually before 9am. Even with the water down, it's still accessible. Though with all the snow, the lake is now back up to 705 ft which is just a foot below normal.

7. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Where are these areas or what are they called on the Truman map? I know where Sparrowfoot and Tebo are but I dont know where these quarries are located.

8. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    They're not marked on the paper maps - use the google satellite view in the links I gave you above and figure out the corresponding locations on the paper map. It's not hard.

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    BTW -- you can get a more detailed (zoom in farther) picture if you install and use Google Earth; the web site version doesn't let you zoom in as far.

10. Novice Fisherwoman

Novice Fisherwoman New Member

State:
    MO
    What did you search for on Google Earth in order to find it? I'm not having any luck.

Thanks!

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    The one on the Tebo arm I know of is just up river from Windsor Crossing.
    From the ramp go up river (left) about a mile to where the river turns to the right. As you make the curve to the right it is on the left side. Be carefull going into the mouth of it as there are rocks just under the surface. Once your in it though it gets deep.

Sparrowfoot quarry is down river from the ramp (to the right) about a mile or so.

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I havent been there by land Earl, but the blacktop on the curve your talking about is C Hwy.
    That quarry is pretty well know as a hot crappie spot, especially in the early spring.