Rock Hill, South Carolina area - looking for locations

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Charlcfi, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Charlcfi

Charlcfi New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I was wondering if anyone knows of some good public places to fish for catfish around the Rock Hill, S.C. area? I do not have a boat so we would be fishing from the banks. I've fished for bass and bream at some of the local State Parks, but would like to find somewhere to go that I don't have to pay to get in. Any information would be appreciated, and with gas prices where they are right now, I can't afford to drive too far away. Thanks.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Theres a public fishing pier at Allison Creek Landing on Lake Wylie.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    RiverratSC is right, and I think there is one, or at least bank fishing, at Ebenezer Park on Allison Creek. Allison Creek has some big fish, but I am not sure how the bite is around those places.

4. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    You can also bank fish where 274 crosses Big Allison Creek.

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    It was illegal to park there and fish but that could have changed. Years ago there was a parking area but the morons would get drunk and dive off the bridge. Seen them diving in at night when cars would pass by.

6. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Spoke with ( and showed my license to) the game warden Saturday night. No worries parking and fishing there. It would be nice if everybody would clean up their trash when they leave, but i guess that's asking too much.:confused:

7. youngcatfisherman55

youngcatfisherman55 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great place for you. McAlpine Creek in Fort Mill. I go fishing over there all the time. You dont need a boat. There is alot of snakes down there so watch out if you go there. I have found there is better fishing around 7:30-9:30 PM or 11:00 AM-2 PM. It is a really good catfishing spot.