Rock Chalk Baby !

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Mar 11, 2007.

1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Kansas Men's Basketball Team 2007 Big 12 Tournament Champions

Im so proud of this team. Thats two games now that Texas had big leads, and we came back to win. Ive really got a good feeling about our chances to win it all this year. My mom and sister live in Kentucky, and if we both win our 1st round games it'll be KU vs UK in the 2nd round. UCLA is the 2 seed in our region. Im not real impressed with their play this year. I think we'll definitely be in the Final Four for the first time since '03. Congratulations Hawks !!!! You played excellent in the Big 12 tourney. Any thoughts fellas ? Will we do it ?

Attached Files:

2. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I sure hope they go all the way!! I't will mean big money for me as i'm a screenprinter.

3. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    All I know is the rest of the Big 12 better pray that a LOT of talent goes pro out of Texas!!

Once these kids mature to the point they won't run out of gas down the stretch, they will be unbelievable! 4 freshmen for the most part all season gave quite a scare to the best team in the country at least twice this year!

Congrats KU, but start praying now that Texas has a big showing in the NBA draft next year! :wink:

4. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    WHOOOO HOOO!!! I thought we played great (with the exception of the first 10 mins). Brand Rush had an awsome game!!! GO JAYHAWKS!!

5. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    KU has some pretty talented players too and there isn't a senior on the team. I can't see KD staying another year. Augustine is a great guard but I wouldn't trade any of ours for him. As long as we don't get PAC 10 refs like we did when we played USC I think we'll spank UCLA. The Jayhawks have as good a shot as anyone to go all the way and you can bet I'm pullilng for them. Rock Chalk!

6. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    The game has not seen anything like KD in a long time, if ever, and probably won't again for some time. When that kid matures, he is going to be something else. Hard to believe he was playing HS ball a year ago!

I was filling out my bracket this morning, and realized something. There is as good a chance as any that it could be UNC and KU in the final. How fricken cool would that be??:eek:oooh:

7. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Even though I am a ks fan. I will be cheering for the hawks. Watch out next year for the cats though:tounge_out:

8. RWohlers

RWohlers New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I'm not sure that KD will leave... might be taking a pay-cut leaving the Univ. of TX for the NBA. haha!

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Durant is gone. Its a done deal. Julian Wright already said he'll be back. Now as long as Brandon Rush comes back, you could be looking at an undefeated season next year.

10. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Rush and JW have alaready stated their intentions of staying another year. I can't imagine KD not going. He'll look real good in a Celtic uniform. Paul Pierce will teach him how to play like a Jayhawk and together they will win the NBA Championship (in my humble opinion):wink:

11. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    GO JAYHAWKS!!!! just please don't blow it in the first round again....PLEASE lol:lol:

12. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Good thing you guys dont play anyone that starts with B in the first round this year.

13. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Being the "homer" I am, I've got KU against A&M in the Final.................had Texas losing to Georgetown or 3 in the final 4 would have been Big 12:embarassed: . Would love to see those ESPN talking heads have to eat crow for dissing the Big 12............time to leave before I start a cussing tirade:big_smile: .

14. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I Have KU/Georgetown in one bracket, and KU/UNC in the other.

I am hoping for the KU/UNC game for the sheer entertainment value! Your neck would get stiff from turning your head back and forth watching them run the court! :lol:

I am going to set up a bracket chanllenge group of BOC on espn.com if anyone is interested, let me know!

15. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    It is set up, go to espn.com bracket challenge, sign up, and look for the group "BOC - Catfishing Rules" password is uselivebait.

16. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Charlie, that makes two of us. I have KU beating A&M in the Championship after A&M beats GT, who beats TX, who spanks NC! I don't consider myself a homie; just a very enlightened, possibly a tiny bit biased, EXPERT. As much as I'd like to meet Roy in the final I don't think he can get there this year. I do think we will get to embarrass and upset the biggest baby in the NCAA(Noah) one more time however. Go BIG 12!:big_smile:

17. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    HeHe, great minds think alike Calvin.........you just nailed my East region:wink:

18. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Sorry, I think Roy's boys will run Texas out of the gym. With the maturaty of the season behind them, UNC is better than they were last year, I think they will make a run.

19. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Jeff, I think I'm heading to Keystone right after the game Friday night. It'll be a good weekend if you and Toby want to come down. We'll be at Mannford campground.