Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son looks to be going to college at Rochester this fall. I was wondering if there was any good catfishing in the Rochester Hills area north of Detroit, or close by. We need someplace to wet a line when I come up to visit him. Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know that there are catfish in the Clinton River near where it empties into Lake St. Clair and lots of fish in the lake itself. I have never fished the river up near Rochester Hills but I can't think of any reason there wouldn't be any fish, however, access may be an issue. There are many lakes in the area, and most, if not all, have catfish in them. Catfishing is not big in that area so you won't find a lot of local info, but it does mean the spots are rarely crowded. Good Luck and Happy Hookin'

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,489 Posts
Barry,
A friend of mine fishes for walleye in the Detroit River that connects St Clair to Lake Erie. He says he frequently catches some decent Channel cats...W

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live just south of Detroit and have heard and seen photos of nice cats comeing from Stony Creek impoundment which is located in stony Creek metropark. They even do pretty good for them through the ice in the winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.