Rochester Hills

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by Wabash River Bear, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My son looks to be going to college at Rochester this fall. I was wondering if there was any good catfishing in the Rochester Hills area north of Detroit, or close by. We need someplace to wet a line when I come up to visit him. Thanks.

2. ittybittykitty

ittybittykitty New Member

State:
    Belleville Michigan
    I know that there are catfish in the Clinton River near where it empties into Lake St. Clair and lots of fish in the lake itself. I have never fished the river up near Rochester Hills but I can't think of any reason there wouldn't be any fish, however, access may be an issue. There are many lakes in the area, and most, if not all, have catfish in them. Catfishing is not big in that area so you won't find a lot of local info, but it does mean the spots are rarely crowded. Good Luck and Happy Hookin'

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Barry,
    A friend of mine fishes for walleye in the Detroit River that connects St Clair to Lake Erie. He says he frequently catches some decent Channel cats...W

4. twohats

twohats New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I live just south of Detroit and have heard and seen photos of nice cats comeing from Stony Creek impoundment which is located in stony Creek metropark. They even do pretty good for them through the ice in the winter.

5. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Exit 5 off of I-75 on lk. Erie is a great place to catch some nice channels,p.m. me and I will give ya the info.