Robert Plant/Allison Krauss

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Anyone buy their CD "Raising Sand"? I picked it up about 2 weeks ago and can't stop listening to it! :cool2: Great stuff that crosses over between country and rock! I was curious if any other B.O.C. members were enjoying it as much as I am! :big_smile:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I didn't know anything about it myself. I'm so far out of touch on music it aint funny. I'm gonna look into it asap. Thanks for the heads up -Jim-

3. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Somebody's already posted THIS on YouTube

[youtubevid]4yyofgq2l30[/youtubevid]

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Barse how did you attach the you tube screen to your post? Thats neat!
    Bill

5. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Man...I love Robert Plant. Saw him and Jimmy Paige in Kansas City in 1998 when they released their album.

One of the BEST concerts I've seen...and I've been to a great deal of them over the years.

Led Zepplin is one of my absolute favorites.

Allison Krause also has one of the SWEETEST sounding voices of all the female artists IMO.

Her adaptation of Keith Whitley's "You Say it Best When You Say Nothing at All" is almost as good as Keiths version.

I'll have to check out the rest of the cd...the song I heard was pretty good.

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Man...I love Robert Plant. Saw him and Jimmy Paige in Kansas City in 1998 when they released their album.

One of the BEST concerts I've seen...and I've been to a great deal of them over the years.

That was the best show I've ever seen. totaly awesome. Page and plant had it going on that night.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was celebrating my 1st year of sobritey. I took this gal I had a big time thing for, Heather was her name. when Robert and Jimmy took the stage and started playnig "Thank You" I was completly mesmerized. Heather could have been making out with the guy beside Her and I would have never known. I think I stood there gape mouthed the entire show....LOL

7. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I'll remember that show for the rest of my life for more than one reason.

A landscaping buddy of mine had an extra ticket he said he'd GIVE me if I was to help him unroll some grass onto this guys lawn he'd bid on.

I figured...HELL YA! How hard can that be?

In hindsight...I WISH I'd have bought my ticket!!

NOTHING'S more fun than leveling a yard...ya...he forgot to tell me that...and then unrolling 2 ACRES of Kentucky Bluegrass! (He neglected to mention that part too)

The temp was 102 degrees and 80% humidity. :angry:

I got the worst sunburn EVER!!

I think I got screwed!! Sure was a good concert tho.

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I was wondering how it sounds but haven't had a chance to hear any of it yet. I haven't bought it yet either but maybe after the first of the year I can buy a copy.

9. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Hi Zappa:

It's HARD to explain, but go to the link below & see the instructions by Paul Louderback himself. You need to scroll down to post number 74. Hope this helps.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51931&page=8

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I really like it too. My last purchase was Mullet Rock 1 and 2 - Good Stuff! :smile2:

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
  12. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC

I saw an interview on Charlie Rose with Robert Plant, Allison Krauss and T-Bone Burnett(The producer of the album), it was a good interview. T-Bone has produced several Folk/Americana type album like the soundtrack for O'Brother Where Art Thou.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm checking out the CD right now. I like it so far. Thanks for the heads up!!!:big_smile:

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I now own it and love it!!! Thanks!!!!!:wink::big_smile:

15. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    If you like that album, you may wan't to check out Mark knopler of Dire Straights and Emmylou Harris's album called "All the Roadrunning". I think that it is similar in musical style. I saw them perform together on "Crossroads".