Robert Geathers hit on Trent Green

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by brad kilpatrick, Sep 11, 2006.

Was R. Geathers hit on T. Green a clean hit

1. Heck yes it weas clean, it's football players get hurt

2. No Geathers was late and should have been flagged and fined

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    In Sundays Bengal chief game Trent green took an Brutal shot from R. Geathers while He was sliding, The hit knocked him out cold and will have Green hospitalized for at least two days

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    it's football stuff happens.on geathers side on this one. you are going full bore to try and make a play it's hard to stop on a dime like that.i don't like to see anybody get hurt but unfortunatly it's part of the game

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Trent should have kept his eyes open!:angry: Then maybe he could have avoided getting the crap knocked out of him.

4. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Doug!!!!!! He was FREAKING SLIDING The rules protect a sliding QB.

5. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    he should of slid sooner. i hate the rule he would of been better off trying to go out of bounds or just taking the hit head on. trent is not a scrambler and that is what happens when a pocket passer tryes to scramble . geathers also had a blocker in his back,it might not of been much but were talking about 300 pound lineman that can run 4.7's-4.8' or faster kind of hard to slow down. there is a difference between a cheap shot and just playing hard. i didnt think it was a cheap shot.neutral fan here i don't care for the bengals or the chiefs . just my opinion.

6. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    omg the nfl has turned into a game for wussies anymore! ye cheapshots have always been cheap shots, but they are changin the rules to the point that they might as well be playin flag football! Yesterdays dallas game roy williams put a shoulder and his face mask into leftwichs chest. he got flagged for roughing the passer! it wasnt the crown of the helmet, it was his facemask! when i played ball i was taught that a perfect form tackle begins with the face mask in the middle of the chest and driving through. and this rule about qb's sliding? thats crap! this aint baseball its football! If these qb's wanna scramble past the line o scrimmage then they should be treated like any other ball carrier!

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Brad,
    You're just mad that a rookie beat you in the first game of the season(well,2 points away)!!! J/K,LOL!!!

It was pretty close,I think it could have gone either way.I also thought when a QB slid,he was down and you couldn't hit him.The hit was a good clean hit I thought,I hate to see that happen to anyone!!!

8. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    I feel it was a border line hit, and could have gone either way. I do feel that there should have been a flag irregardless, I've seen flags for MUCH lesser hits on a sliding QB. The last thing that KC want's Trent to do is scramble, and What happened Sunday is exactly why.

I know if the same sort of thing would have happened to Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Mc Nabb, Favre, or even Palmer You would have thought the field turned Yellow for all the linen on the field. Geathers would have been flagged, possibly thrown out of the game and definatly fined by the NFL. The NFL protects its golden boys, they know where there bread is buttered.

9. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    That was a cheap shot if i ever saw it. If it would have been Carson Palmer it would of been a whole different story.

10. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    Put dresses on all of 'em!! :cool2:

11. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    not looking to start a fight first off. but you said yourself it was a borderline hit.then you turn around say he should of got flagged and thrown out of the game. come on .and as far as golden boys palmer had his knee blown out last year on alot more of a cheapshot than green"s.it happens

12. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I am a bengals fan so you guys are gonna think i am biased. But i do not think it was a cheap shot. I feel really bad for Trent Green, I go to Indiana University and he was probably the greatest player to come from our school. I wish him the best in recovering. But he was scrambling and if you watch the play, Geathers dove before Trent did and Geathers was also blocked in the back. Geathers was in the air before Trent went for the slide, he couldn't just stop. It was a very bad play, i agree on that, but not a dirty shot. But I can see why Chiefs fan say so.

13. HoggyO

HoggyO New Member

State:
    PA
    It was a clean hit, guys are flying around, it was bound to happen, QB's are wearing pads like everyone else, if the NFL keeps it up by next year the QB's will be wearing the Blaze Orange "DO NOT HIT" Jerseys!!

14. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Hold up Hoss.....I said That I thought there should have been a flag in Sundays game. (nothing about kicking Him out)

I also said that IF the same sort of thing would have happened to The "Golden boys" there would be a flag,possibly kicked out, and fined.

Yes It was a borderline hit, I can see both sides. As for the hit that tore up Palmers Knee last year. The rules for a QB in the pocket and a QB running and going into a slide are completly different.

15. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Yes, while a qb is in the pocket with leg out and no way to protect themselves they need the protection. When a qb takes off on a rub and acts like a running back, they have to expect to get hit. He ran on like the previously 2 plays and we coulda hammered him and didn't. He needs to realize that once outside the pocket-things bad happen. thats why vick is always hurt and he is a mobile quarterback. but once again, best wishes to trent!

16. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I was watching hte game when it happen and watch replay today and it was a cheapshot geathers couldnt stop when trent started sliding.

17. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

was or wasn't???

18. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It was a clean hit.

19. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    It was'nt a cheapshot :embarassed:

20. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Weather you like the rule or not, it is still the rule, when a quaterback STARTS to slide, everyone must back off. Regardless if that quarterback is known for scrabling or a pocket passer...that is the rule. Remember, its the hit in question, not the quarterback.