Robbie Robinson. Heard of him?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by USE TO BE, May 25, 2008.

1. USE TO BE

USE TO BE New Member

State:
    Ohio
    THere is this big time Flathead fisherman at the lake I fish at. I spoke to him several times last year. I talked with him this morning and he showed my a fishing magazine with a 2 or 3 page article about himself. The article was saying how he may be one of the best flathead fisherman around.. Apparently he s pretty popular cause a google search turned up quite a few hits. He is at my lake every weekend in the summer. Any one know him? Seems to be a really nice guy. I'm going to have to see if he will let me go out with him to pick his brain.

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Yes, he went by the name "Katfish" on this site a few years back. Havent seen him on here lately. He fishes Salt Fork,Piedmont,Seneca, Clendening and Tappan lakes I believe in Ohio.

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Be sure to listen to any advice he gives ya. He tends to know a thing or two about them flatheads. He has been in numerous magazine articles over the years. As far as being one of the best flathead fishermen around, I would definitely agree to that.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Glad to hear you was able to meet him, sounds like hes a good flathead fisherman if they have a bunch of articles and stuff about him, glad to hear you got to meet him, I would too ask him if you could fish with him some, he seems like a good guy.

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    robinson is the man when it comes to giant flatheads. i'd definitely try and pick his brain!

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have only spoken with him online, but he is well-known around the MWCD lakes particularly.

7. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yup. I've run into Robbie on the net for years. Seems to be the real deal to me. ALso seems to be a real nice guy. If he'll take you fro a trip, I am certain you could learn a bunch. Say hi for us all!

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I too have spoken with him quite a bit online. He and his partner are VERY! knowledgeable Flat chasers as proven by the multitude of LARGE Flatheads he catches every season..
    He has written some very good articles on flatheads you should be able to find on the net as well...

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nope I never heard of him, is he a member of the BOC?