Robbed!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kscatman, Dec 19, 2006.

1. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    Well today started out well I got to go crappie fishing with a friend, and was having a great time until I returned to my truck to find that all the fishing gear I had left in the truck had been stolen by some SCUMBAG!!! I am grateful that I had my tackle bag with me or I would be devastated. I still have rods and can replace what was taken(although I only had it two weeks) I just cant understand what kind of piece of dung would steal a mans fishing equiptment. I would like to assume its not another fisherman, I like to think we have standards higher than that. all together I figure it at about $735.00 worth of stuff. Yeah the financial loss hurts but my fishing stuff is part of me, its personal. they are not just rods and reels they are my personal choices out of all the stuff out there. I normally dont wish bad things on people, but I hope the jerk that stole my rods and lcr trips and pokes his eye out with them. Even better I hope I see him fishing with my stuff somewhere. I'm sorry guys I just feel really angry and violated right now. I'm going to be more carefull that my doors are locked. I thought I had them locked, I know all were locked except maybe the hatchback. thats all it takes. What gets me is that my friend and I were the only people parked at this boat ramp in the back of a state park, which means someone drove back there and saw our vehicles and decided to see if we left the doors were unlocked, knowing that we were in the middle of the lake. WHAT A SCUMBAG!!!!!!

2. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry about your loss, I can't imagine that happening to me. At least you still got some of your stuff. It's like losing a finger instead of a hand - you know how your stuff becomes a part of you, glad it's not all gone. Maybe some dang PETA idiot took it to try and stop you from fishing. dunno, mabe it was a greedy fisherman. hope you recover well and find good replacements.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Man Eric ! Scumbag is to Nice of Name for that JERK !! If your lucky enough to ever catch that jerk,Give Me a Call I'd Like a shot at him Myself.I diden't loose all them teeth to the Dentist,Took a Perty Good Man.LOL. Your friend J.D.

4. Shep

Shep New Member

State:
    Lamar Arkansas
    Thats Cold Ive thought about but have never had it happen YET

5. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    theres no cameras at all? sorry for your stuff gettin taken man. losers out there have no respect for what other people work for.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sorry to hear of your loss.I'd say someone got them some pretty good XMas presents at your expense Hope you find the scum bag who took them.Don't get mad get even.

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i know how you feel a few years back i had a window broken out of the car and my favorite rods taken they left the zebcos tho and the takle box

8. leadsinker

leadsinker Member

State:
    Wichita, K
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Happened to me several years back, broke the wing and unlocked the truck. Opened the door and crawled over the seat and thru the rear sliding window. Everything came back out the same way. Would have been easier to jimmy the topper door or broke that window. Even now, I remember things that I had in my tackle box that wasn't replaced. Amazing how much is wrapped up in your tackle box, rods and reels. Might notify the local pawns. This wasn't a fisherman looking for new Christmas present.

9. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Man dude thats a bunch dung, i thought that stuff only happens in
    california

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    That really sucks, Eric :angry: It seems like fewer & fewer people have respect for other people or their property. The person that took your stuff will ultimately get what is coming to him.

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Eric sorry to here what happened If you had you car locked they probaly broke out your window thats what happened to me several I think checking the pawn shop is a good Idea:sad2:

12. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    sorry to hear of your misfortune.
    that is the reason i dont enjoy fishing very far from my vehicle.
    i will worry and worry about someone stealing my tools or breaking in to my truck to steal it .
    some people have no respect for others property .
    i would like to think they werent fishermen either but ive seen
    plenty of no give a *&^% fishermen out there who would steal you blind given the chance.

13. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Sorry to hear about that, thats a lot of $ worth of stuff. Know how you feel, this sort of thing has happened to me and it hurts.

14. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

A lock only keeps an honest man honest. The thief would have broken out your window if they wanted your equipment bad enough. I understand you wishing the thief ILL and would be doing the same. Check the local pawn shops in your area and keep your eyes open while fishing you might get lucky. If you did not fill out a police report you need to; so if you do see it in the pawn shop you can get it back. I don't know about your state but I believe theft over 200 bucks is a felony.

15. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Hate to see that dampen yer holidays brother. Try and have a decent Xmas so the bad guys don't steal that too.....Glad you weren't hurt. It's so nasty in the world even that is common now. In the older world something like that happened so seldom the cops most often knew who did it as you were telling it...miss the old days and the small towns.
    Well wishes and sorries for your loss from southern IN.

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That sucks brother, sorry to hear about that. Had it happen to me a few years ago.

17. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
  18. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    Thanks for the comments guys! I went to cabelas and replaced one of the rods, my favorite already, the rest I really dont need to catch fish but they were sort of a nice luxury to have. Like I said THANK GOD THEY DID'NT GET MY TACKLE BAG!! The rods are easy to replace, if I so wish the tackle would take forever. I was so caught up in my own stuff being gone I did'nt realize they stole my wifes crappie rod too. Oh well she does'nt like fishing in the cold weather, I'll have plenty of time to replace it before spring.

19. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Maybe if things go right they will get a hook in the ------------ you fill in the blank oh well merry christmas anyway

20. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Eric, sorry to hear about your loss. As stated before, even if the locks would've been locked, if they wanted in, they'd of gotten in any way. Similar experience here too. Couple of years ago, mine was the only truck and trailer at the boat ramp (February), they broke in, trashed the inside, broke windows they didn't have to break, topper, it wasn't locked. I was fortunate though, they were caught and I got doubly compensated. The lady sheriffs detective that investigated it, found a finger print that matched a juvie that was on probation. Two of them skipped school and went looking for trouble. I told them in court, in front of their parents, they were very lucky the cops caught them, and I didn't at the boat ramp.
    Wish you and your's a Merry Christmas, sorry about the circumstances though.