Robbed at remote river ramp!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by nccatgirl, Jul 21, 2009.

1. nccatgirl

nccatgirl New Member

State:
    NC
    Well today has been one of the worst days in my life. I went from a great high of finding a new fishing spot to an extreme low of getting robbed. I was told of a spot to bank fish a few hundred feet from a remote river access ramp on the Eno river. We had been fishing there (my neighbor and me) for a few hours.

He went back to the truck and noticed that a bag of ice we had in the back was gone. He then looked inside and saw the glove box was open. He then opened the door and looked behind the seat under some stuff where my pocketbook was well hidden and it was GONE!!!! The truck was locked but somehow they got in.

I have been on and off the phone for hours canceling cards, scheduling getting the car locks re-keyed and a new remote ordered. We are in the process of changing the locks on the house as I type this.

I have to get every single piece of identification that was in my pocket book replaced. I figure by the time the dust clears I'll be out $1000 or more. My life has turned into a living hell.

2. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully to much damage doesnt get done from this. :angry:

3. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey i feel your pain had my wallet picked a couple of monthes back they could of had the 100 dollars but all the crap you have to go through to get everything new sucks if i knew who it was i would like about 5 min of their time bobs bait

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    NICOLE ,i am very sorry to hear this happened to you an your friend ,i,m just glad they did not physically hurt either of u

5. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    If they would start hanging those ***** then we would not have to worry as much about our personal things. If they do get caught they are released and right back at it again. I sure would like to catch them red handed!

6. skinnerbug

skinnerbug New Member

State:
    brandenburg ky
    man that really bites (not what i really wanna say ) but thank God that was all they did being in a remote place and all i was broke int a few months ago i now how ya feel at least youll sleep better knowing they cant take any thing eles from ya its worth all the calls and lock changing prayers are with ya

7. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Nicole, It's awful that you can't enjoy a night of fishing without some jerk helping himself to your stuff. We had the same thing happen at the Rte 64 access to the Yadkin River. My buddy's truck was broken into and a bunch of tools, as well as his bank book were stolen. We haven't been back since. I hope that you can protect yourself from further harm without too much hassel.

8. Thenutslanded

Thenutslanded New Member

State:
    Archdale, North Carolina
    it comes around everynow n then, but ya deal with it n try to catch the next ones n either shoot em or kick there ass!!!woohooo, pull a credit report also; NOT THE FREE ONES they are crap spend some money n get a good one!!!

9. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Very sorry for the hassle,but happy nothing worse happened.I work in Detention,and I can tell you its only getting worse unfortunately.
    Someone above said they just get released to repeat the same crimes....its true,atleast in SC it is anyway.Again,sorry the thugs found your stuff.

10. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    A pistol and a pager alarm. :wink:

11. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    gees nicole........sorry to hear about this..........you should pick up one of those little gators next time you come down and stick him in the glovebox next time!..........what goes around comes around...............theyll get whats comming to them!...............they just best stay off the capefear accesses though......one of these ole countryboys will takem for a ride!:wink:

12. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Sorry to hear about that Nicole . That sucks , hope they catch the little bastards and beet the sh** out of them :angry:. Atleast no one was harmed in the ordeal , in todays world thats something to be thankfull for .

13. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    sorry to hear, but I'd look around the area, they may have got the money and tossed your ID's in the trash or on the way out. with this economy it will only get worse

14. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    They didnt take your most valuable possesion and that is your life but like the guys say what goes around comes around and that is true belive me I have been robbed and it sucks but be careful out there and keep on fishing.:wink:

15. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    We used to hike in the NC mountains quite a bit. I got tired of getting my stuff stolen and windows broken at trail heads. We even tried driving a junker vehicle and leaving the doors unlocked with nothing inside. I got my tires slashed that way. Eventually I settled on taking my Toyota PU with no radio or any other extras. I would hide my tool box a short distance from the parked truck and leave a Styrofoam cooler in the bed with a few beers inside. I covered it with an old blanket to complete the effect. After that I had no trouble. I guess it was an offering to the scum of the earth but it worked.

:wink:

16. nccatgirl

nccatgirl New Member

State:
    NC
    The guy I was with (my neighbor) went back and looked for hours... found nothing.

17. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    good strategy david.........but its still a shame people have to resort to things like that because of idiots!

18. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Sorry to hear that happen to you today thats such crap someone did that. Sounds like someone used a airbag to get in.

19. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Sorry to hear that. I'm always concerned about leaving my vehicle, even at the boat ramp. Times have changed, and sadly not for the better.

20. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry to hear this Nicole, but it's a shame that a person can't leave their belongings and feel safe in doing so. I am a firm believer in the wheel--what goes around, comes around. Somewhere down the road their day will come and hopefully they, too, will feel your pain. Stay safe and Thank God that you weren't harmed!!!