Robbed and beaten a little

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Nov 18, 2006.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    this afternoon while working on boarding up a burned house
    i was held up by 2 outstanding and highly
    respectable young thugs.
    they had came into the yard and when asked what they needed or was doing they said
    they knew the people that stayed there.
    i asked if one of them was friends of the kid i knew lived there
    and one of them said yeah and i asked them the kids moms name and he answered correctly.
    i assumed they were just looking at what a mess the house was as they were commenting on how bad the sideing had melted etc.
    they were in the yard and even talked to the neighbor man who is a code enforcement officer
    he had called my boss to let him know about people ransacking the property at night.
    the officer left and my 2 visitors stayed and were milling around .
    i had got plywood off the truck and was measureing to make cuts when i realized i had more
    than a door to cover so i was needed to make my cuts count to have enough to board a couple windows if i could,
    well this is a back porch and it is concealed pretty much behind the house
    plus my truck was blocking view of the other house next door
    i stepped up to the screen door and re measured once again when one of them said
    put yer hands in the air(&^%$ !!!
    i thought one of their friends had walked up or they were messing around with each other,
    when i turned i had one of them 2 feet from me up on the porch with me looking at me.
    i said excuse me?
    he said i said put yer *&^%^$ hands up *&^%$ and i thought he was kiddin me and then i look down and he has a pistol in his hand muzzle down kind of hideing it just enough
    i said are you actually robbing me???
    (i know this sounds stupid) but i was in disbelief.
    i said i aint got any money and he turned around a little to cock the weapon???
    i had seen the end of it looked like a dart/bb pitol that has the thumb pull slide , well when he turned i grabbed his A%# around the neck and we went off the porch
    the pistol went out of his hands and as i was trying to grab it the other went to kicking me in my head and face
    i was trying to fend this ones feet off when the other one wriggled away and one of them clubbed me in the back of my head
    then on my forehead with that damn thing.
    i lost a contact out of my eye and t6hey had pulled my coat up over my head and kept kicking and punching until i started hollering to get someones attention
    maybe that worked because shortly thereafter they both took off running.
    my saw and drill was still there they did manage to get my cell phone though
    i asked a neighbor lady to please call the police and they came out and took down some information.
    after learning the neighborman code inforcer had talk to those two as well as i
    they called him and he said he knows them and can positively identify both.
    thank god i wasnt killed and i got to get away with nothing more than a lost cell phone a few lumps and hurt pride.
    i was caught totally off guard and i paid the price.
    i even had a scratch awl in my pocket .
    i could have stuck one with it had i realized i was in danger .
    i feel foolish now that its over .
    i sure am going to have to re-think my practice of going solo to these vacant houses.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Man the way some kids behave these days Im glad you were lucky i had a runin with some teenagers once in KS and when they pulled an uzi i hauled it out of there i aint scared of anyone but i dont trust a punk with a weapon

3. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Holy smokes!!!
    Glad you are OK!!!

I hope they catch those little 8@$^@rds!

_

4. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Sure glad to hear the outcome wasn't any worse. Kids these days I tell ya. Hopefully they will be caught and held accountable for their actions.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    First of all I'd say that your lucky your still breathing. Second to bad you didn't rip the one with the gun's head off. Teenager or not a thug is a thug. Sure hope they catch them . Just watch your back from now on.

6. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry to hear that brother...getting held up is no fun at all, I know...hope they get caught

7. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Darryl glad your ok. Don't feel foolish. If you'd offed the lil stinkers at least one of the families would of sued you in civil court. That's the part that always amazes me. You see the grief stricken grandma with the hanky at her throat, tears streaming down her face , He was a good boy.
    And then the newcasters will add he had several previous convictions for....crap!
    :crazy:

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Glad to hear you are all right when they catch them make sure to get their names so if they walk you will know where to visit

9. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    glad you are alright brother hope the cops use alittle force when they catch those punk kids

10. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    brother that nuts! at least you got one by the kneck! hopefully your get your cell back glad everything turned out all right though otherwise. see ya.

11. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    wow, thats the jackasses that make any kid like me walking down the street a little after dark from visiting with my girlfriend make all these people nervous. im not gunna jump anyone or start a fight for no reason. i carry a knife on me cuz i need it someitmes when im working to make my OWN money(not steal it from guys workin on a house) or anything like that, there handy to have, but the only time i would ever think about pulling it out in front of someone i dont kno is to defend my own life or someones i kno and love. idiots to be honest.

12. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    darryl that was a bold move you made , grabbin that kid when he was cockin the gun to bad you didnt rip his head off tho , some punks need capitol punishment . the law probly wont do anything tho less you push them every day . good luck glad you came out alive

13. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Your pride can heal which is a good thing. Had you been shot, you may not been able to heal. Being a fat man that can't run because of my lung troubles, I try to always have something to even the odds.

Oh yeah I'm not a fan of thugs or most teens for that matter. Maybe they needed money for the new PlayStation3.

Darryl glad you made it through this.

14. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Brother I would have sure hated to be in your shoes!!! The thought of killing someone that tried robbing me with a BB gun scares the hell out of me...I have a CC permit for SC but Wi does not allow it as of yet but that does not stop me call me a law breaker or whatever ya want but I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.... Thank God you came out of it with your life and didnt take the kids lives even tho it may have saved some good air for someone that deserves it if you had...

15. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    So glad that you didn't get hurt any worse than you did. You never can tell who's the good ones and who's the bad ones these day.

16. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il

lol, not all teens are like that tho, "Thugs", and not all teens play playstation3 either:tounge_out: i kno what you mean tho, to be honest, id rather hang out with a few adults opposed to some of the teens out there today. jackasses think its cool to carry a gun at the age of 15 and end up getting someone killed, so in return all these gun freaks wanna take our protection away and pretty much our home defense. not exactly easy times to live in when ya think about it.

17. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Teenagers today (most of them anyway) simply have had no raisin, I am so brother you got hurt glad,very glad you didn't get killed.Man I wish they'd get caught and really get their butts kicked.If you act like a Bum then ya should be treated like a bum.Throw headfirst into the animal pen if they want to act like animals.It just infuriates me!:smile2: :angry:

18. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Geez Darryl I only clicked in because I thought it was a joke. I know how you feel. I collect on my deadbeats by myself and the wife always worries. Thank God you are ok. Make sure you go to court and watch as they are sentenced. It's not the best feeing and cannot make up what you went through, but it is a sort of vindication.

Be careful out there, we haven't had the chance to fish or share a campfire yet.

19. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Thats just crazy! Glad to see you are alright!!!!!!!!
    Bill

20. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    All I can say is WOW. Hopefully they'll get to spend some time with Bubba.