Road Trip!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BKS72, Oct 17, 2008.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Looks like there's an MDC auction in Salem, MO tomorrow. Lots of cars, trucks, boats, trailers, motors, and general treasures (or "crap to litter up the yard with" as a wife might call them....) going on the block.

It's about 4 hours from me, but I think I'm going to make the trip tomorrow to see if I can find a winter project to work on while it's too cold for wusses like me to fish. Any of you KC area bro's want to make the trip, drop me a PM this evening and maybe we can ride down together.

2. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Can't go:sad2: but I hope you find a grand deal on something to litter your yard up with:big_smile:

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Sounds like fun Brandon. To bad I can go. Just got back from vacation. Be safe and get a good winter project.

Tom

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I've never been, but my brother goes every year. He is partial to the Ford 250, 4x4, auto transmission, with the BIG V8. Not sure the size, but 400 something. He says they are never sold to the public outright from the dealers, only the governmental entities like MDC an such.

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    If that ford pickup is out of the mid 90's or older it either has a 351 modified basically the samething as a cleaveland or it has the 460 in it.

Tom

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    branden ,Let me know what them motors go for ,i saw the bill on that auction and thought i might hit the next one and just get a bigger motor.

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Dude, I dunno if it was mass hysteria or I'm just cheap, but I never in the world would dream people would pay that much money for motors that don't run:smile2: The used ones that ran went for more than I'd believe as well. Oh, well, most of them were jets for some reason, so no big loss, but I guess I'll have to find a new project for this winter

8. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    they are all jets because around salem the conservation uses them on the current river which you pretty much have to have a jet on.

and people in salem are crazy when it comes to buying stuff at auctions.

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I figured it had to be something like that - I watched a 1983 Johnson 25 jet go for $1300 - that's when I figured I might as well pack it up:eek:oooh: The '98 70 horse jet that didn't run went for $1700. I wanted the powerhead off of that one, but no way I'm going to pay what I could get a rebuilt one for (or a good running complete motor) and then dump who knows how much money in it:smile2:

Crazy part was a nice v bottom 1760 center console Tracker with a 90 Johnson and a trailer went for $2000 :smile2:

Oh, well, it was neat to see, anyway. I think the next one is in May in Brookfield, I may go to that one just to look around, I think it's a bit closer but I'm not sure.

10. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Yeah i live in salem and it is crazy to see how many people go to auctions there to buy a bunch of old crap some one else didn't want.

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    So why didn't ya buy that boat for your dad Branden! ???? then I could have swapped him for mine, the one he really wants :wink: ah wasn't thinking i see...... good road trip any way eh?

12. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    how do u find out where these auctions r and what all they r gonna have and what not.

13. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    It wasn't a bad trip - I'd forgotten how pretty the country is down that way.

Here's the link to the info page:

http://mdc.mo.gov/about/sale/

14. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    thanks for the post, I've always wanted to check one of these auctions out.. just may have to go to the one in may.

15. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    Hey Brandon just read this post. I wish i would of read vit before cause i live in salem. We could of hooked up and met im allways willing to meet a fellow brother. I went to the one last tear but not this one . Ya as far as the scenary is concerned it is very beutifal down here especially in the fall.