Road trip time

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Thunder head, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Thunder head

Thunder head Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Name:
    Steven
    Hey guys. Were going to make a trip to the Tenn. river this weekend. Ive got a couple of questions.

I already know where we are going to fish first. I'm working on a back up plan though.

What is a good boat ramp to use if I want to put in at Kingston?

What boat ramp should I use if I want to try for skips at fort louden dam?

What is the best way to check generation schedules for Fort Loudon, Melton hill and the chick. Is there a phone number?

2. Thunder head

Thunder head Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Name:
    Steven

3. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Hey Steven, that is a good area to fish.

As far as Kingston. There are three ramps right in Kingston that to my knowledge can be used to launch. All appear to be in decent shape.

First ramp is at the Community Center in Kingston. It is just a short distance south of the Interstate bridge.

Second ramp is up stream of this and is on N Kentucky street just below the Kentucky street bridge. It is a good ramp with a roomy well light parking lot. There is also a dock beside the ramp which is handy. This is the primary public ramp for the area.

The third ramp is down stream from the community center a few hundred yards at what appears to be a small marina. I don't know about the availability of this ramp for public use.

I don't have information about Ft Loudon dam or ramps there.

Each dam I that area provides a daily schedule for water flow that is posted the day before. So it needs to be checked each day. The TVA schedule for releasing water is listed on their website. It will provide information including the time schedule about the number of gates that will be open allowing water to flow. Keep in mind that it takes some time for that flow to be noticeable depending on where you are at in that specific pool. If you are close to the dam it is almost immediate. If you are a distance from the dam, it may take many minutes before you get the flow.

Here is a CALL-IN contact.
    https://www.tva.gov/Environment/Lake-Levels/Lake-Levels-by-Phone

This web page should provide all the information you need to find water level and flow for each dam in the area by name.
    https://www.tva.com/Environment/Lake-Levels

Good luck and have a safe trip.

Zigarro likes this.